Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless champion for older adults living their best lives? To make a real difference in the Greater Nashville area? If the answer is yes, come join our team!
FiftyForward has an excellent opportunity for an Office Manager at our FiftyForward Nashville location. This is a full-time position with regular weekday hours, Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm.
We are looking for someone who can help support the day-to-day operations including administrative, financial and program tasks. Versatility and flexibility are key. The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to quickly learn our mission, being able to flex between working independently and within a team, and most importantly, a passion for service to older adults.
In this role, you will report to the Center Director. As first point of contact for our customers, visitors, and members, you will be instrumental in ensuring excellent customer service and maintaining a warm and inviting culture.
- Greet visitors, screen, and refer them to appropriate staff members. Establish and maintain positive working relationships with staff, participants, volunteers, and the public.
- Answer phone, route calls, and take messages.
- Maintain timely donor communication by maintaining donor database, generating donor thank you notes weekly.
- Assist with correspondence and other administrative tasks as requested for CEO and Chief Program Officer.
- Order office supplies, manage mail daily, maintain membership files according to retention policy, maintain cash drawer, maintain files and records for monies received and post on daily receipts and financial receipts for purposes of accounting, assist with deposits.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all Center programs and other FiftyForward programs.
- Create flyers, sign-up sheets, calendars, and mailings at direction of Center Director; maintain awareness of social media postings.
- Maintain accurate electronic sign-up rosters for Center activities in FiftyForward databases.
- Order and process invoices/payments for program and kitchen supplies at the direction of Center Director. Assist with ordering of supplies and invoice processing across FiftyForward.
- Take reservations and maintain the reservation calendar for meeting rooms including all first-floor meeting space; is the primary contact for assigning rooms and adjusting when needed; work with setup staff as requested by facility manager; assist with Google calendar of classes and events.
- Facilitate event registration and execution.
- Handle membership logistics for new and renewing members.
- Assist Program Coordinator in entering membership data information into MySeniorCenter (MSC) software.
- Organize front office, mail room and common areas on the second floor; maintain lobby and other areas tidy and uncluttered. Follow opening and closing procedures each day.
- Maintain, determine and stock posted literature, calendars, and bulletin board items.
- Serve as primary enrollment person for Silver Sneakers and Silver Fit programs through Trivity and Ashlink weblink platforms.
- Assist in set-up of rooms for classes, events, programs, activities, board meetings, and other scheduled events at Center ensuring the spaces are in good order for the next activity.
- Manage monthly invoicing of FiftyForward Fresh and ADS private pay customers through Penelope system, interacting with customers as necessary to ensure invoices are paid in a timely manner.
- Complete daily attendance and other reports in Penelope for ADS and FiftyForward Fresh & prepares SSBG, CACFP, GNRC/Options and other reports under the supervision of Center Director.
- Effective and professional communication (verbal/written) and presentation skills.
- Proficient computer skills, MS Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Apps.
- Knowledge of Membership Works and MySeniorCenter is a plus.
- Comfort working with Zoom and provide audio-visual support.
- Excellent detail and problem-solving skills.
- Open to constructive feedback, and creative dialogue with FiftyForward Management Team.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work cooperatively with a wide range of constituents and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skills in organization, administrative expertise, and excellent customer service.
- Promote and uphold FiftyForward’s mission of supporting, championing, and enhancing life for those 50 and older.
- High School diploma or GED equivalency. Associates degree or two years of college courses in Office Administration or related field preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience working with active older adults and volunteers; Non-Profit experience preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience using desktop and/or laptop computer, various databases, multi-user copier/scanner, and multi-line telecommunications system.
- Must be First-Aid/CPR and ServSafe-certified or able to obtain certification.
- A valid TN driver’s license including a good motor vehicle record, and appropriate automobile insurance.
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays – including the week between Christmas and New Years
- Paid birthday off
- Employee assistance program
- Community involvement
- Development opportunities
How to Apply
To join our team, please visit our careers website https://fiftyforward.org/employment/
FiftyForward is the leading resource for adults 50+ in Middle Tennessee who seek to live longer, more fulfilling lives. We are the premier provider of innovative programs and services for older adults and their families through a powerful leadership team of staff, volunteers, and community partners touching the lives of more than 20,000 individuals annually. Through seven locations and a variety of programs in Davidson and Williamson counties, we provide enrichment opportunities for adults 50 and older to remain engaged and living their lives to the fullest.
FiftyForward is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Date Posted: June 15, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm