The Office Manager is a key staff person with The Consultancy, a young Nashville-based company which serves the service industries. Current clients represent the nonprofit and trucking industries. Marketing was its foundation, yet the company is expanding to also provide start-up and management coaching. The Office Manager handles the small company’s finances and works directly with its Owner and Accountant. The work is flexible and remote, yet a weekly meeting with The Consultancy representative is required and is sometimes held in-person. The title allows for flexibility in its activities, yet the plan is to develop this role into Chief Financial Officer.
1. Tax-related work
- Work with the business owner and accountant for corporate taxes
- Prepare tax-related and support materials
- TN-TAP, Annual Report for State of Tennessee and other year-round tax support
2. Other financial work
- Maintain financial records
- Handle accounts receivable and payable
- Maintain ongoing memberships, renewals
- Additional financial work and support as needed
3. Additional office management activities include:
- Research to create lists as needed
- If interested, assist in behind-the-scenes social media support
- Other activities as needed
4. The opportunity to be hired to provide financial support for nonprofit and for-profit clients
- Work experience in office management, finance or accounting.
- Experience working with nonprofits and for-profit companies.
- Interest in working in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Independent contributor yet also team player.
- Personal characteristics including integrity, reliability, accountability, initiative, follow through, problem solving and provider of customer service.
- Have reliable computer, wi-fi, phone and vehicle.
- Remote work.
- Entrepreneurial setting.
- The Consultancy is for-profit, yet this role exposes this person to nonprofit and for-profit work.
- Ability to provide additional financial services for nonprofit and for-profit clients if interested.
- The intent is for this person to help grow The Consultancy. The short-term plan is to work 2-3 hours/week yet gradually increase to approximately 20 hours/week.
How to Apply
- Submit cover letter with a resume or link to LinkedIn profile to email@example.com.
- If asked, participate in the new Workzinga process to assist in the best cultural fit.
- Then, interview over the phone with The Consultancy.
- If asked, interview in-person with The Consultancy.
- Date Posted: June 6, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 07/11/2022
- Salary Range: 25/hour
- Working Hours: 2-3 hrs/wk to increase over time