End Slavery Tennessee
End Slavery Tennessee
ESTN is a faith-based, not-for-profit organization. Adopted by ESTN at its founding, the Mission, Vision and Values describe who we are and the beliefs which animate our actions. Compulsory agreement with this statement is not a condition of employment. We hire and appoint persons who are committed to our mission to promote healing of human trafficking survivors in an environment of faith and spirituality to restore hope and a lifetime of community. The mission of End Slavery Tennessee is to promote healing of human trafficking survivors and strategically confront slavery in our state. We are an agency focused on professional excellence. The work environment will focus on an inclusive team – all working towards the mission, value, and vision of the organization.
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance & Administration
JOB SUMMARY: The Office Coordinator will perform office management and reception duties.
Primarily in an office setting with intermittent sitting, standing, and walking. Most work performed while sitting and, on the computer, phone, and face-to-face. Occasional car travel required. This position is expected to work in the office 5 days a week with occasional days being work from home at supervisor’s approval.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS:
- CEO, staff, board, and volunteers of ESTN
- Referred clientele
- Law enforcement at all levels
- Service providers at other organizations
- Manage all front desk responsibilities from 9-5 per End Slavery Tennessee procedures and as assigned by supervisor.
- Record phone system greeting, answer phone, and respond to general inquiries.
- Carry out office management duties including, but not limited to: coordinating maintenance on facilities, closing office and setting alarm, welcoming guests, receiving deliveries and donations, etc.
- Order and maintain supply inventory for staff.
- Responsible for overall appearance and presentation of the office space as a whole.
- Track staff birthdays and anniversaries and send digital greeting cards when appropriate.
- Check and open mail with a witness and keep a signed content log of all donations received.
- Oversee package delivery and disbursement, communicating received items to the proper personnel.
- Maintain services used by the organization, including but not limited to: Ricoh, CSpire, Richards & Richards, Dropbox, Microsoft, alarm system, Verizon, etc.
- Manage gift cards, including: logging cards, reconciling cards bi-weekly, sending gift card reports monthly.
- Keep calendar of staff events such as staff meetings and outings, send calendar invites, and take meeting minutes. Manage shared calendar for office meeting spaces.
- Send and collect monthly credit card reports. Compile monthly for Director of Finance & Admin.
- Assist HR & DEI Manager with new employee onboarding and ongoing employee compliance as needed. Assist Director of Finance & Administration with other tasks as needed.
The office is also the Care Center where you will interact with survivors of human trafficking day to day. This issue is sensitive and complex. Every employee is trained in trauma-informed and strength-based approaches in order to connect with and build appropriate and encouraging relationships with survivors. We strive to create a completely judgement free work environment. Empathy, compassion, and ability to deal with difficult situations is a must for anyone who works at End Slavery Tennessee.
- Attend meetings in the community, as deemed appropriate and useful.
- Perform other agency-related duties or special projects, as directed by supervisor.
- Duties may change according to organizational needs.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Highschool diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in office management or reception type role.
- People-oriented with ability to relate well to diverse populations.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills.
- High level computer skills, including word processing and excel.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral, and prompt response to messages.
- Ability to multi-task and deal well with interruptions.
- Able to maintain confidentiality, as required by law and in the best interests of survivors.
- Fast learner, quick mind, capacity for hard work, teachable and flexible.
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license, state-required driver’s insurance, and access to reliable personal transportation.
- Initial and subsequent random drug screening is required as per agency policy.
- A background check is required.
- Must be willing and able to embrace and exemplify our core values.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- $36,000-42,000 annual salary based on a combination of education and experience.
- Healthcare stipend – $500.00/ month. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- $150.00/ month for therapy
- 120 hours PTO accrued 10 hours/ month. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- 96 hours sick leave accrued 4 hours/ pay period. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- 13 paid holidays
- 4 floating holidays
- Short term disability, Long term disability, AD&D and Life insurance.
- Employer 403b match up to 1% of salary based on employee contributions and dependent on annual board vote. Eligible after 6 months of employment.
How to Apply
CONTACT INFORMATION AND PROCEDURE:
To apply for this job, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and title of position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls accepted for this position.
**End Slavery Tennessee recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.**
- Date Posted: December 22, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 01/17/2022
- Salary Range: $36,000-$42,000
- Working Hours: 9am-5pm M-F