AncoraTN (ATN), formerly End Slavery Tennessee, works tirelessly to nurture survivor healing and strategically combat human trafficking in Middle Tennessee. We seek to break cycles of exploitation and support survivors of human trafficking as they heal from their traumas—offering long-term, comprehensive aftercare services. Through training communities and professionals, advocating for legal changes, and implementing prevention programming, AncoraTN works to stop human trafficking before it ever begins.
AncoraTN was founded in 2012 as a faith-based, not-for-profit organization for the purpose of community awareness and education. We strive to create an environment of faith and spirituality to restore hope and a lifetime of community. We are an agency committed to trauma-informed principles and seek to promote an environment focused on a diverse and inclusive team – all working towards the mission and vision of the organization.
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will provide administrative support to AncoraTN staff and leadership. The Office Coordinator creates a positive and efficient work environment so that staff feel equipped to carry out the mission: to nurture survivor healing and strategically combat human trafficking in Tennessee.
- Assist CEO and leadership team with preparing for board meetings by preparing the board report and other administrative duties as assigned.
- Answer main inquiries about the organization via email and phone and redirect to appropriate staff members as needed. Keep staff informed of general information.
- Process mail and deposit donations for the agency 3x a week. Track donations using the online database, Network for Good. Distribute all other mail accordingly to staff members, survivors, etc.
- Maintain a clean, stocked work environment for staff. Order supplies and organize main workspaces/ storage as needed.
- Maintain an organized internal filing system for contracts, W-9s, tax exemption forms, and any other important documentation.
- Assist with the onboarding process as requested.
- Keep staff informed of employee birthdays and work anniversaries. Send cards out to all staff.
- Maintained agency’s phone system, updated directory as staff comes and goes, and recorded mainline greetings (update for closures/ holidays).
- Track employee computer purchase dates and distribution. Track company printers, maintain ink supply, and report on usage each month.
- Assist with end-of-month financial reporting as requested.
- Problem-solving daily and ongoing issues for the entire staff.
All positions at AncoraTN interact with survivors of human trafficking from day to day. This issue is sensitive and complex. Every employee is trained in trauma-informed and strength-based approaches in order to connect with and build appropriate and encouraging relationships with survivors. We strive to create a completely judgment-free work environment. Empathy, compassion, and the ability to deal with difficult situations is a must for anyone who works at AncoraTN.
The Office Coordinator works in a shared office space with other staff members. Must be able to multitask, and work with distraction/ noise. Most of the work is done on the computer/phone and requires sitting in front of a screen for most of the day. Some standing, walking, and physical activity are required. Plenty of car travel and use of a personal vehicle is required, must have reliable transportation.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience required.
- Strong attention to detail / highly organized
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficient computer/tech skills required, including Excel, Outlook, and Windows. Experience with Network for Good is desired, but not required.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Able to maintain confidentiality, as required by law and in the best interests of survivors, donors, and the organization as a whole
- Fast learner, strong ability to problem solve, and capacity for hard work
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license, state-required driver’s insurance, and access to reliable personal transportation
- Overall positive attitude and am willing to take on anything
- Initial and subsequent random drug screening is required as per agency policy.
- A background check is required.
Must be willing and able to embrace and exemplify our core values.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- The position is not benefits-eligible.
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY: To apply for this job, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with your name and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls were accepted for this position. No phone calls were accepted for this position.
**AncoraTN recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. **
- Date Posted: November 17, 2023
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 12/04/2023
- Salary Range: $21.00
- Working Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Friday; 8:00am-4:00pm