The Mary Parrish Center
Office and Property Manager
The Mary Parrish Center
The MPC is a nonprofit human service organization dedicated to providing transitional housing, rapid rehousing, and coordinated entry for survivors of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking or human trafficking. Our mission is to provide survivors of interpersonal violence and their children safe, accessible and compassionate housing with individualized care that promotes healing, autonomy and hope.
The Mary Parrish Center (MPC) seeks a highly organized individual to fill its Office Manager position. This role is critical to keeping our operations running smoothly. The ideal candidate is an administrative professional who is looking for a job with purpose and meaning. This is full-time exempt position, reporting directly to the Executive Director.
- Answer and direct incoming calls. Respond to crisis calls, providing resource information, referrals, and support as needed.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for onsite visitors, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Assume responsibility for efficient operation of office equipment.
- Perform general office duties such as ordering office supplies, maintaining records management systems, sorting and distributing mail, and running errands to bank, post office, and other destinations, as needed.
- Perform bookkeeping functions to include: A/P, A/R, journal entries, tracking of expenditures, reconciliation of bank statements, generate financial reports and preparing bank deposits.
- Provide administrative support to Executive Director and Staff as needed.
- Conduct property inspections, resolve issues, document maintenance needs, and contact service providers to schedule repairs for the 12-unit transitional housing property.
- Coordinate the scheduling of routine property maintenance to include (but not limited to): lawn service, pest control, plumbing, office equipment.
- Conduct apartment and property orientation with incoming transitional housing residents.
- Project management support to include bid processes, renovation support, and other duties as directed.
- Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of success in a similar or related position
- Ease with technology including proficiency in QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite, and office equipment
- Must possess a valid TN driver’s license and maintain a satisfactory driving record
- Building/Property Management experience preferred
The annual salary is $35,000-$40,000 based on experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance and paid time off.
How to Apply
Please combine all materials into one PDF and email your (a) cover letter and (b) resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Office Manager.” Applications missing the required materials will not be considered. (No mail, calls, or faxes please.)
- Date Posted: October 30, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Housing
- Salary Range: 35,000-40,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F