Mental Health America of the MidSouth
Office Administrator & Zero Suicide Assistant
Mental Health America of the MidSouth
Mental Health America of MidSouth (MHA) is hiring an organized self-starter to serve as an Office Administrator, with at least 20 hours committed to serving as the Zero Suicide Initiative (ZSI) Program Assistant. MHA has served Middle Tennessee for 75 years with programs focusing on suicide prevention, Alzheimer’s support, anti-bullying, mitigating trauma of unaccompanied minors, workplace wellness, and more. Zero Suicide is a philosophy, protocol, and set of best practices to prevent suicides in hospitals, health facilities, jails/prisons, and private practices.
Office Administration duties include:
- Order, stock, and account for office supplies and kitchen supplies
- Answer phones, including the MHA helpline
- Coordinate housekeeping and maintenance requests to landlord
- Coordinate approved I.T. requests for repairs
- Assist with donations and thank-you notes to donors
- Check and respond to the general email account and voicemail account
- Assist in various clerical duties that include scheduling, data entry, taking minutes, booking meeting room, assisting with conference registration, etc.
- Other duties assigned by the Finance Director
Zero Suicide program duties include:
- Coordinate statewide communication regarding the ZSI (i.e., send out press releases, update website information, promote social media posts, etc.)
- Coordinate and schedule trainings and presentations for the Zero Suicide Program Coordinators
- Serve as the point of contact and program liaison for all logistics
- Provide program and administrative support to the Zero Suicide Initiative Director and Zero Suicide Program Coordinators
- Serve as the liaison to the evaluator and assist in the communication of evaluations, metrics, and outcomes
- Assist with training, resource linkages, and event planning logistics
- Assist with conducting follow up activities as defined by the grant
- Collect, record, and organize data related to this grant
- Participate with and adhere to the ZSI cultural competency plans and a sustainability plan
- Other duties assigned by the Zero Suicide Director in fulfillment of the grant requirements
All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job duties indicated is not to be an exhaustive statement and other job-related duties may be assigned as required by the supervisor(s).
- Bachelor’s degree required (Masters preferred) in communications, marketing, social work, counseling, psychology, or related field.
- Proficiency is required in Excel and Word.
- Prefer a minimum of three (3) years related experience in health, behavioral health, corrections, or crisis services.
- Experience in tracking outcomes, setting up trainings, coordinating multiple activities, and developing new and innovative programs.
- Must be able to motivate others, work as a team member, value cultural differences, resolve conflicts, and display genuine interest in working with at-risk persons and with people who want to make an impact.
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license, vehicle that can reliably be used on the job, valid vehicle insurance. Must pass standard background check. Must be able to travel 25% of the time throughout Middle Tennessee and occasionally statewide.
This position is full-time with excellent benefits: health, dental, vision, 403B plan, long-term disability, mileage reimbursement for work-related travel, generous PTO, and more. MHA offers excellent benefits that include mileage reimbursement, a 403B match, long-term disability, generous paid leave, etc.
How to Apply
Interested applicants may send a cover letter and resume to Amber Hampton, Program Director, at email@example.com.
- Date Posted: November 12, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 12/03/2021
- Salary Range: $35,000-$40,000
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk; M-F 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.