United Way of Greater Nashville
Office Administrator, Financial Mobility
United Way of Greater Nashville
Position Summary: The Financial Mobility Office Administrator contributes to the efforts of United Way of Greater Nashville (UWGN) by performing administrative support to both the Financial Empowerment Center (FEC) and Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) teams to ensure both staff and client success. This position is responsible for being the first point of contact for clients and stakeholders of UWGN’s Financial Mobility direct services, scheduling appointments for FEC counselors, providing referrals to ensure community members receive the services to meet their financial needs, and providing administrative assistance to VITA staff, volunteers, and stakeholders. The work of the Financial Mobility Office Admin helps both programs function efficiently to fulfill UWGN’s mission: to unite the community and mobilize resource so that every child, individual, and family thrives.
Essential Functions: The following are indicative of the essential functions required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This profile is not intended to be all inclusive of tasks and responsibilities required; it provides a description of the critical responsibilities associated with this position.
- Welcomes guests, volunteers, stakeholders, and clients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries to create a hospitable environment
- Receives and promptly acts on all appointment requests, referrals and reschedules
- Enrolls potential clients in the FECBOT database, maintains contact records, and schedules clients in both the FECBOT database and counselor Outlook calendars
- Analyzes client needs to properly schedule and identify the counselor who is a best fit to meet their needs
- Reports regularly on call volume, referral rates, contact with clients and no-show rates
- Stays up to date on most frequent and useful outside referral partner programs and communicates these resources regularly with financial counselors
- Periodically assists with data cleaning efforts in the database
- Organizes supplies throughout the building to enable staff to locate needed items quickly
- Initiates the process for check requests to ensure supplies are stocked and that team members have the resources and tools necessary to perform their responsibilities
- Prepares conference room and other areas for training, meetings, and events
- Initiates building maintenance and technology work order process with FEC building management, UWGN, third-party vendors, and Metro General Services to allow the FEC site to maintain peak productivity
- Annually certifies for VITA tax preparation both at the Advanced Level and Quality Review
- Works towards content mastery and ability to troubleshoot client tax issues
- Answers VITA main phone number fielding appropriate requests themselves and forwarding when appropriate, either for client-level or program-level questions
- Assists with implementation of Virtual VITA platform
- Maintains equipment records before, during and at the completion of tax season
- Attends and records notes for both FEC and VITA team meetings
- Assists FEC and VITA staff with administrative tasks, as requested
- High School Diploma or G.E.D equivalent
- Associates Degree preferred
- Administrative office support, customer service, or social work: 2 years
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Basic computing and data management skills
- Is responsible for maintaining multiple team member’s calendars
- Multi-line phone skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Outlook, Word, Excel, and Publisher
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Mission Driven: Focuses on needs and aspirations of the community by telling the “United Way story” to help others understand the importance of volunteering, advocating, and giving as well as encourage client participation in the areas of Education, Financial Mobility, and Health programs. This is in order to create a community where individuals, families and neighborhoods thrive.
- Relationship Management: Builds relationships with all external funders, corporate partners, individual donors, community members, vendors, and organization stakeholders in efforts to grow and sustain funding; demonstrates credibility in all interactions and demonstrates the ability to effectively build a network of contacts
- Effective Communication: Ability to effectively communicate through oral, written and technological means; actively listening and expressing oneself clearly, to ensure those that need specific information acquire it and to prevent extra work from being performed because of lack of departmental communication
- Brand Advocate: Conducts oneself in a manner that promotes integrity, trust, and strong ethics, in order to protect the reputation and results of UWGN.
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas; ensures all information is concise, complete, and accurate; follows detailed procedures; organizes, monitors, and maintains all system processes carefully
- Ability to Multi-task: Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; requires knowledge of time management and setting priorities
- Team Player: Works cooperatively and collaboratively with others to achieve collective goal; shows commitment to the teams’ purpose and goals by providing members critical information that helps drive success; works effectively with different personalities across a variety of social and professional situations
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb and balance.
- Employee spends a majority of time seated with phone headset; working at a desk in front of a computer monitor. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers.
- Well-lighted, heated, and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
- This position is off site from UWGN’s campus. This position is required to attend meetings at UWGN home campus as scheduled
United Way of Greater Nashville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United Way of Greater Nashville has competitive benefits and salaries.
How to Apply
Please apply at https://www.unitedwaygreaternashville.org/careers/
- Date Posted: September 10, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 10/01/2021
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm