Nashville Children's Alliance
Nashville Children’s Alliance (NCA) is the child advocacy center for Nashville and Davidson County. NCA serves all children in Davidson County aged 3 – 17 when sexual or severe physical abuse allegations are reported, with the majority of referrals coming from the Tennessee Department of Children’s Services (DCS) and the Metro Nashville Police Department (MNPD). NCA is a child-focused, trauma-informed therapeutic environment designed to meet the needs of child abuse victims and their non-offending family members. NCA is involved in child sexual and severe physical abuse cases from the first allegation of abuse until after the case is resolved in court, at absolutely no cost to families. Since 1992, NCA has worked to deliver and coordinate the services required for children to escape abuse, begin the healing process, and look forward to bright futures.
NCA reduces the trauma of child abuse victims and their families by facilitating a comprehensive multidisciplinary team approach to detection, investigation, prosecution and treatment of child abuse. Since 2019, NCA is housed at the Family Safety Center (FSC), a groundbreaking co-working space that facilitates services between Metro Nashville Police Department (MNPD), the Department of Children’s Services (DCS), the District Attorney General’s Office (DA), and various nonprofit organizations. In collaboration with these partners, NCA works with children and non-offending caregivers using three evidence-based approaches: forensic interviews, Child Protective Investigative Team (CPIT) coordination, and trauma-informed therapy.
The Office Administrator is the first responder to all Nashville Children’s Alliance (NCA) clients. This position plays an extremely important role in welcoming our clients and ensuring that they feel safe and comfortable. It is of utmost importance that the Office Administrator is trauma-informed and able to provide compassionate care to all those we serve. Bilingual Spanish speaker preferred.
- Answer in-coming calls, transfer to staff extensions
- Respond to door buzzer; allow entry for visitors, vendors, deliveries. etc.
- Greet and sign in clients and visitors, announcing client and visitor arrivals to the appropriate staff
- Notify staff of client cancellations or emergencies
- Maintain receptionist and lobby areas; straighten chairs, toys, magazines, coffee bar area, etc.
- Provide supervision to children when needed
- Maintain agency schedule for clients
- Client scheduling and confirmation calls
- Light bookkeeping
- Responsible for data entry into tracking systems
- Provide support for the Child Protective Investigative Team Coordinator with case review dockets and related tasks with the multidisciplinary team
- Oversee daily clerical operations of the agency including background checks for employees and volunteers
- Serve as agency liaison with vendors
- Provide technical support for computers, software and office machines
- Maintain agency website
- Provide assistance to the Development Manager for events, fundraising activities and donor management
- Create documents for print, social media and website
- Maintaining and ordering office supplies for general operating purposes
- Post material on social media
- Other duties as determined by the CEO and management team
- Ability to positively and effectively work with the general public and agency clientele
- Full proficiency with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook)
- Ability to work with and serve as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Detail-oriented and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strict adherence to meeting deadlines with tasks and responsibilities
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent with college experience preferred
- At least one year of experience answering phones and providing office support
Nashville Children’s Alliance offers excellent paid time off and recognizes 16 holidays throughout the year.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to Dawn Harper at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Office Administrator”.
Nashville Children’s Alliance is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. NCA does not discriminate in regards to gender, race, sexual preference, sexual identity, national origin, religion, disability, age or marital status in the recruitment, selection, or placement of employees.
- Date Posted: July 29, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Working Hours: 37.5