Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
The Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant will be providing HIV primary care in our outpatient healthcare clinic and our mobile medical unit. In this role, you will be responsible for providing care by assessing clients’ health status, conducting physical examinations and evaluations, providing treatment and prescribing medications, recommending follow-up care, and making referrals to appropriate health professionals. You will work in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of Nashville CARES’ staff to ensure quality customer service, quality clinical care and timely evaluation and management in the primary medical care of our patients.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a dynamic organization at a pivotal point of growth, and to create a meaningful impact in the lives of those living with or impacted by HIV.
- Provide outpatient care by assessing clients’ health status, conducting physical examinations and evaluations, providing treatment and prescribing medications, recommending follow-up care, and making referrals to appropriate health professionals within accepted medical practice.
- Order, administer and analyze diagnostic tests.
- Administer medicines and treatments.
- Evaluate responses to treatments and medications.
- Maintain accurate, legible and confidential records within an electronic medical record.
- Monitor and operate medical equipment.
- Promote a safe environment and facilitate patient participation in self-care.
- Train patients and/or families on managing illnesses or injuries and disease prevention.
- Work in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of Nashville CARES staff to ensure quality customer service; quality clinical care and timely evaluation and management in the primary medical care of our patients.
- Work will be performed under the technical direction of a Medical Director.
- Successful completion of a Nurse Practitioner and/or Physician Assistant Program
- Possession of a current license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner and/or Physician Assistant in the State of Tennessee
- Experience with diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases, HIV and related conditions.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule with day, evening and weekend availability.
- Knowledge of and compliance with Tennessee Department of Health and local legal mandates
- Current driver’s license, clean DMV record and vehicle liability insurance required
- Passion for the mission of Nashville CARES
- Three (3) years of full-time equivalent post-licensure experience as a NP/PA; two (2) years of these 3 years must have been in patient evaluation, diagnosis and treatment and one (1) year of these 2 years must have been in community health nursing.
- Experience documenting clinical interactions in electronic medical record, experience with Athena preferred
- Experience with providing care to a very diverse population
- Experience providing clinical oversight of staff
Competitive Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 403b, long term disability insurance; short term disability insurance, group life insurance, voluntary life, accident insurance and critical insurance, generous paid time off policy (27 – 37 days per year based on accruals and length of service), and 12 paid holidays.
Nashville CARES is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers and clients. We respect equality and inclusivity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: November 15, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)