Nurse Practitioner (INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR)
The Nurse Practitioner, a 1099 independent contractor, will be providing HIV primary care services. In this role, your clinical skills will be utilized in our outpatient healthcare center responsible for providing care by assessing clients’ health status, conducting physical examinations and evaluations, providing treatment and prescribing medications, recommending follow-up care, and making referrals to appropriate health professionals. You will work in collaboration with Nashville CARES staff to ensure quality customer service; quality clinical care and timely evaluation and management in the primary medical care of our patients.
Work will be performed under the direction of a manager who provides administrative supervision, and under the technical direction of a physician.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a dynamic organization at a pivotal point of growth, and to create a meaningful impact in the lives of those living with or impacted by HIV.
- Three (3) years of full-time equivalent post-licensure experience as a Registered Nurse; two (2) years of these 3 years must have been in patient evaluation, diagnosis and treatment and one (1) year of these 2 years must have been in community health nursing.
- Experience with diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases, HIV and related conditions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Community Health Nursing or other appropriate nursing specialty or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Successful completion of a Nurse Practitioner Program
- Possession of a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the United States and certification as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of Tennessee
- Knowledge of and compliance with Tennessee Department of Health and local legal mandates
- Current driver’s license, clean DMV record and vehicle liability insurance requiredPreferred Qualifications:
- Experience with providing care to a very diverse population
- Experience providing clinical oversight of staff
- Passion for the mission of Nashville CARES
How to Apply
- Date Posted: June 25, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)