Nurse Home Visitor
Neighborhood Health is an innovative network of 10 community health centers in Nashville and Lebanon, Tennessee. We provide comprehensive primary care, integrated behavioral health, and dental services to almost 30,000 patients. Our patients primarily include immigrants, residents of public housing, individuals experiencing homelessness, and persons living with addiction. As a federally qualified health center, we provide care without regard to health insurance or a patient’s ability to pay. We also strive to improve our Patient Centered Medical Home model to ensure all patients get the right high-quality care, at the right place and the right time.
The Nurse Home Visitor is responsible for providing comprehensive nursing services to women and their families eligible for the Nurse Home Visitor program. Nurse Home Visitors (NHV) are pivotal in transforming the lives of vulnerable babies, mothers and families by implementing and maintaining the fidelity of the NHV program model. Our goal is that all children are healthy, families thrive, communities prosper, and the cycle of poverty is broken. Must be able to work in a Patient Centered Medical Home model. Must facilitate partnerships between patients, physicians and health teams with focus on care coordination and integration of treatment internally and externally. Must work diligently to assure that services are accessible, continuous, comprehensive, coordinated, compassionate, and culturally effective. Must be committed to eliminating barriers to care that is centered on the needs and convenience of patients above all other factors.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides home visits to women and their families eligible for the NHV program.
- Adheres to nursing process and the NHV program model of home visitation.
- Carries caseload of up to 25 clients.
- Participate in regular team meetings, staff meetings and quality improvement projects to improve patient care.
- Implements, and evaluates and individualized plan of care based on assessment.
- Must be able to work in a Patient Centered Medical Home Model.
- Ability to travel and work with people in a diverse population; Provide health, parenting, and other education as needed.
- Provide referrals on needed resources identified through assessment.
- Assures mother and infant have established healthcare appointments for follow-up care.
- Monitor to be sure appointments are kept and follow-up as needed if they are not.
- Collect patient information and data as required by NHV program and the DHS.
- Document services in NextGen electronic health record within 24 hours of providing service.
- Commitment to Neighborhood Health’s mission and values.
- BSN required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Current RN license (in good standing) required; Current CPR/BLS required.
- NRP required.
- Two years recent experience in maternal/child health, public health, home visiting or mental/behavioral nursing preferred.
- Home visiting experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license and insured automobile required.
Neighborhood Health offers medical, dental, vision along with vacation and sick days.
How to Apply
To apply, please go to our webiste at Neighborhood Health (neighborhoodhealthtn.org) under the JOBS tab. You may submit your application and your resume in the CAREER PORTAL.
- Date Posted: June 3, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 40 weekly/M-F