Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle TN
National Account Manager
Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle TN
NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER
Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle TN (SHFB) seeks one qualified full-time applicant in the Project Preserve department.
Specific duties will include, but may not be limited to:
To provide expert marketing, sales and customer service support to the assigned Food Banks for Project Preserve, with the goal to be the full-service provider for purchased food sourcing activity, resulting in increased sales and revenues in the assigned area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts.
- Provides analysis of each Food Bank’s specific purchase requirements, taking into consideration the most economical method for purchasing and the most efficient means of logistics and transportation.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Visits Food Banks on a rotating basis based on tiering and volume.
- Works closely with the mixing centers and the corporate office to ensure proper coordination and delivery on assembled products and mixed loads.
- Emphasizes the value added our mixing centers provide to promote mixed load and assembled product sales.
- Responsible for achieving organizations budgetary goals.
- Works closely with Marketing Department while utilizing marketing tools to drive sales and awareness of Project Preserve.
- Analyzes customer purchase history and trends. Stays abreast of customer requests and needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Director, National Accounts.
No supervisory responsibilities.
- Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM.
- On occasion duties may be necessary, as well as responding to issues, outside of normal working hours (e.g., disaster response, community events, etc.)
- 30% travel required, some overnight within assigned territory.
- Travel is required within the assigned territory.
- Current driver’s license required; copy of current auto insurance; and clean MVR required.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Business Administration or Marketing majors preferred.
Experience: 5+ years of related experience in sales and marketing or equivalent experience in food industry or non-profit organization.
Skills & Capabilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to develop relationships and perform excellent customer service skills
- Ability to learn new databases and software
Allowable Substitutions: Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be considered in lieu of education/experience at the organization’s discretion.
Second Harvest is proud to offer a rich and affordable benefits package that makes total compensation of full-time employment higher than base pay alone. The time off policies include: holidays, vacation, sick and personal time off as well as other time off benefits as required by law. Traditional benefits are also offered that include medical (100% employer-paid/ no cost to employee for employee-only coverage), dental and vision. Additional benefits are offered that include: retirement (with a generous employer match), disability insurance (short and long-term), life insurance as well as long-term care insurance.
How to Apply
There are three main ways to apply for employment with Second Harvest Food Bank:
- Apply online through this link: http://www.secondharvestmidtn.org/job-opportunities/?gnk=job&gni=8a78859e7009098c017064582f787c71&gns=CNM. You’ll be able to upload your resume and cover letter from the website as well.
- Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit in-person to complete the physical application and leave any other materials that you’d like: 331 Great Circle Road, Nashville, TN 37228.
- Date Posted: February 21, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk, M-F 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM