Backlight Productions provides opportunities for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities to gain education in the arts and perform significant roles in integrated theatre performances and enhance their social skills through artistic expression and grow in confidence both on and off the stage!
We are looking for an inspirational, talented, and energetic Music Program Director to join our team! This position will develop a music program that works within the mission of Backlight Productions as well as theatre and musical community professionals. The Music Director will teach music involved in the performances as well as organize, plan, and instruct weekly classes at our rehearsal space located in beautiful Brentwood, Tennessee!
- Creating plans and curriculum for weekly classes that educate in both vocal and instrument music and basic music theory.
- Acting as the primary instructor for music classes and acquiring guest instructors as needed.
- Teaching music involved in theater department productions.
- Networking with professional arts community to create inclusive professional experiences for students.
- Must be able to read and play music. Intermediate to advanced Knowledge of music theory.
- Experience in music education, particularly teaching students with wide ranges of abilities. Utilizing creative and unorthodox teaching methods is a big plus!
- The Music Program Director should be a visionary with the ability to masterfully network within the local music and theater communities as a representative of Backlight Productions. Our team is always looking for ways to connect creatives and industry pros with the mission of BLP so you should be comfortable meeting new people and participating in fun events!
How to Apply
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org OR mail resume to
ATTN: BACKLIGHT PRODUCTIONS 1710 General George Patton Dr STE 107, Brentwood, TN 37027
- Date Posted: June 16, 2021
- Type: Contract / Temp
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 09/13/2021
- Salary Range: 20/hr
- Working Hours: 10 hrs/wk