Tennessee Housing Development Agency
Multifamily Programs Compliance Coordinator
Tennessee Housing Development Agency
MULTIFAMILY PROGRAMS COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY, MARCH 3, 2021 AT 11:59PM
Division: Multifamily Programs
Reports to: Multifamily Programs Compliance Manager
Location: Nashville, TN
Salary Grade: 32
Monthly Salary Range Minimum: $3,710
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt (01)
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
POSITION SUMMARY: Monitors program participants (properties) to determine compliance with federal and state regulations and conducts on-site reviews of assigned properties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversees a portfolio of Low-Income Housing Credit properties to determine compliance with Internal Revenue Code (IRC Section 42, Treasury Regulations, Uniform Physical Condition Standards, the Qualified Allocation Plan, the Multifamily Tax-Exempt Bond Program Description, and civil rights requirements.
- Conducts on-site compliance reviews for Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) properties and may be designated as lead in team reviews of large properties.
- Makes annual determinations of compliance based on the property data submissions by program participants.
- Provides a variety of compliance reports to program participants and other interested parties.
- Researches regulations and assists in the development of monitoring processes, program guidebooks and internal policy and procedures to ensure an effective compliance program.
- Maintains a current awareness of compliance issues as they impact the long-term affordability of properties allocated Low-Income Housing Credits.
- Assists with the development of training activities for the division, including conducting compliance and end user system training for internal and external customers.
- Maintains effective working relationships primarily by providing technical support to owners, property managers, United States Department of Agriculture Rural Development (USDA RD), Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Internal Revenue Service (IRS), other state agencies and internal agency personnel.
- Enters property information into program databases to maintain accurate information on program participants and to track compliance activities.
- Manages a travel budget associated with the expenses of on-site reviews and travel.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Post-high school certification preferred, especially a Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance or related field.
- Minimum of one year of related experience.
- Possession of a current Housing Credit Certified Professional Certificate is a plus.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Knowledge of the Low-Income Housing Credit program, the Multifamily Tax-Exempt Authority Program, Uniform Physical Conditions Standards (UPCS) regulations, tenant requirements from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development, and property management or the ability to learn and apply.
- Ability to read and interpret complex regulations, laws, agreements, and organization materials.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Ability to handle private, personal information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in decision making.
- Ability to adapt to frequent procedural changes.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with others in giving and obtaining information.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work effectively.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Current, valid driver’s license from domicile state and the ability to drive.
- Regular in-state travel, including overnight travel (up to 75%).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
BENEFITS: THDA offers an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care, transportation, and parking; annual leave and sick leave that begin accruing after the first month of employment; and 11 paid holidays per year. We also offer work-life balance opportunities through alternative work schedules, flexible schedules, and telecommuting.
How to Apply
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Date Posted: February 18, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Government
- Salary Range: $3,710