Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee
Multi Purpose Trainer
Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee
This position is responsible for developing and conducting training programs and related support for Goodwill’s employees and clients. This position will develop and deliver training programs and other related services to assigned employees, clients and customers to enable them to improve their career development skills.
- Develops, delivers, and monitors training in established programs to ensure success of the clients as they pursue training toward employment.
- Translates requirements into trainings that will prepare employees and clients for the next step of their career path. Provides general training to appropriate employees/clients in areas to include: job readiness, retail training, customer service, basic computer skills, intermediate computer skills, hospitality, security guard, forklift, etc.
- Develops and maintains up-to-date curricula and learning materials on topics covered.
- Develop and assesses instructional materials, aids and manuals and provides appropriate feedback to the Manager of Training and Certification Programs.
- Develops and implements training programs in response to client, employee, sector employers and external funding sources.
- Regularly confers with the Manager of Training and Certification Programs, Director of Mission Integration, and the Director of Workforce Development to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training and to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, company initiatives an technologies.
- Direct structured learning experiences and performs evaluations and re-designs all training, as necessary, and continuously ensures they meet the standards set forth by the department.
- Assists colleagues in providing group training for information sessions and job readiness training.
- Coordinates and organizes enrollment of employees and clients; assembles necessary training materials.
- Monitors training costs against budget to ensure the most efficient use of company resources.
- Stays abreast of new trends and tools in adult learning.
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with all company policies and procedures as well as legal requirements at all times.
- Regular, reliable attendance, as defined in Goodwill’s attendance policy.gs
- Valid Driver’s License, Proof of Insurance and must be able to travel using their personal vehicle to the assigned locations. (Mileage reimbursement).
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or four years in equivalent experience in training, organizational development, workforce development, job placement, business development, or contingent workforce management.
- Minimum of two years of experience training entry-level workers on skill or knowledge attainment is required.
- Business or social services related experience such as training, rehabilitative counseling, job coaching, public service or equivalent experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Excellent presentation skills. Must have good interpersonal and observational skills to assess employees’ and clients’ understanding and progress, and make any necessary adjustments to the training.
- Good personnel management skills.
- Must have good analytical and planning skills to assess training needs and develop programs to meet those needs.
- Ability to work well with, and present training to a variety of people.
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, tools, and techniques.
- Ability to conduct cost-benefit analysis and calculate training ROI.
- Sound decision making and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft, Excel, Word & PowerPoint software.
- Proficient in Internet Explorer and Outlook.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to relate in a professional, courteous manner to other facility staff, within and outside of Goodwill.
- Ability to provide monthly reports of training activities and accomplishments.
Certifications and Licenses
- Microsoft Office Specialist certified Master Instructor or equivalent is preferred
Preferred Education / Experience / Knowledge & Skills / Certifications & License:
- Experience with curriculum development, public speaking/seminar leader is preferred.
- Knowledge of instructional design theory and learning principles.
Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee’s mission is to change lives through education, training, and employment.
Full-Time Benefits: Health and Prescription Insurance, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Paid Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Leave, Paid Bereavement Leave, Employee Assistance Program, Direct Deposit, Credit Union Membership
Part-Time Benefits: 403(b) Retirement Plan, Paid Vacation & Sick Leave, Direct Deposit, Credit Union Membership
How to Apply
- Date Posted: July 27, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 7:30 am to 4:00 pm