Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville
Performs mortgage servicing and delinquency management – including new mortgage setup, special payment processing, issuing statements, letters and invoices, repayment plan management, processing of lien and right of first refusal releases, and coordination with outside legal counsel. This position reports to the Finance Manager.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Mortgage Servicing
o Understanding, explaining and administering numerous versions and variations of notes and deeds of trust.
o New loan set-up in FICS mortgage tracking system.
o Assist Finance Manager in FICS system administration, data management and reporting.
o Preparation and issuance of loan activity statements to homeowners.
o Coordination with the Finance Manager and the Homeowner Services Director regarding the counsel of homeowners inquiring about selling, refinancing, or otherwise requesting Habitat lien releases.
o Preparation of payoff letters, including associated Shared Appreciation administration.
o Consolidation of electronic and hardcopy files pertaining to the mortgage area into scanned records and placement of hard copies into the homeowner records for retention.
o Assisting with identification of potential mortgages for sale to third party financial intuitions as opportunities arise.
- Delinquency management
o Meeting with homeowners that are past due on their mortgages and determine if a repayment plan is feasible, involving other Habitat and/or external resources as required. Responsible for repayment plan set up as approved by the Delinquency Committee and ongoing monitoring of plan in accordance with Agency guidelines.
o Preparation of mortgage arrearage and balance statements as needed.
o Updating the mid-month and month-end delinquency report as provided by the loan-servicing agent and internal reports and monitors for accuracy.
o Supporting Delinquency Committee meetings and related reporting requirements.
o Performing other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Effective execution of all responsibilities of the job.
- Proficiency with FICS Mortgage Tracking Software and MIP Fund Accounting Software.
- Working effectively with Habitat homeowners, realtors, title companies, mortgage servicers, attorneys, and others.
- Attention to detail, coordination, follow-up, and ability to understand and enforce accounting guidelines and procedures.
- Focused and maintained concentration for extended periods.
- Consistency in meeting scheduled deadlines for duties.
- Working with others and resolving disputes when necessary.
- Minimum of five years of experience in Mortgage Administration or other relevant experience required; experience in financial or homeownership counseling preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or relevant experience required.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word, as well accounting and mortgage management applications
- Organization skills, high work productivity, ability to work well with others, and commitment to teamwork.
- Must have the ability and desire to work respectfully with people of all cultures, languages, national origins, races, ethnic backgrounds, religions, classes, immigrations status, sexual orientations, gender identity and expressions, ages, mental or physical abilities and other diversity factors
- Strong morals and business ethics.
This position will require 40+ hours per week. Regular attendance is required. This job has the capability to be done remotely on an occasional basis only, with HR and Leadership approval.
CLASSIFICATION: This Position is a salaried, exempt position
Full Time Employees are eligible to participate in HFHGN’s Benefits including:
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Agency Simple IRA retirement match option.
How to Apply
For all interested and qualified candidates please send a Cover Letter and Resume with three professional references to: email@example.com
- Date Posted: December 2, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Housing
- Start Date: 12/10/2021
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/ wk ; M-F