Morning Transportation Coordinator
Organization Summary: 4:13 Strong is a faith-based non-profit organization based in Nashville, Tennessee that empowers young men to transform their lives so that they can succeed personally and professionally. Our residential program provides a holistic approach to foster social, emotional, and spiritual growth and takes approximately six to eight months for a participant to complete.
Job Summary: The Morning Coordinator is responsible for working with the Director of Operations and other 4:13 Strong staff to ensure that participants thrive during the early hours of the day—being prepared for the day, getting to work on time, and being ready for the first class.
Responsibilities and Duties: Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Morning Coordinator will have the following responsibilities:
- Create and oversee the transportation schedule for all morning transportation.
- Communicate with all drivers their assigned vehicles and routes and ensure they roll at scheduled time.
- Communicate with all participants about the schedule (which van to ride and what time it rolls). Post transportation schedules in working man houses the day before.
- Ensure all house managers have a copy of the transportation schedule.
- Make sure all vehicles have enough gas for the morning routes.
- Ensure that all participants and drivers are awake prior to van departure.
- Verify all participants and drivers leave as scheduled.
- Help ensure the safe transportation of participants.
- Assist Campus Coordinator with vehicle maintenance as requested.
- Help ensure thorough driver training.
- Help ensure drivers are included on insurance and the driver roster is updated on a monthly basis.
- Provide breakfast and lunch items for working men and 40-day men.
- Create an opportunity for working men to have a light breakfast.
- Provide breakfast items for 40-day men to prepare on their own.
- Provide food for working men to pack for lunch.
- Encourage men to take their own lunches as a way of saving money for program graduation.
- Drive men to work, or appointments, if needed
- Be prepared to drive for an absent driver if needed.
- Take men to early morning appointments as needed.
- Inform appropriate staff of any absences or schedule changes.
- Help in monitoring room and building cleanliness and facility upkeep.
- Support 40 Day men
- Ensure they are aware of the schedule.
- Remind them of commitments for the day (class preparedness, homework assignments, handbook expectations)
- See them through early arrival to workouts and first class.
- Serve as an organizational ambassador at community events and speaking engagements when assigned.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills: The ideal 4:13 Strong Morning Coordinator candidate will be someone who is passionate about Christian ministry. He/She will have experience working as part of a diverse team. The candidate will also have the following:
- Must have a valid Drivers License
- Good communication ability (written and verbal)
- Excellent judgment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- The successful candidate must believe in the core values of 4:13 Strong and be driven by the mission.
- $28/hour (20 hours/week)
- Potential for year-end performance bonus
How to Apply
Send resume or letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: October 9, 2023
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Community Development
- Working Hours: M-F; 4:00am-8:00am