Ministry Office Assistant
Begin Anew of Middle TN
Reports to: Executive Director
Direct Reports: None
Works with the Executive Director to make the office a premier resource for all aspects of the ministry in accordance with the core values, mission, and vision of Begin Anew.
- Administrative support – perform complex administrative duties, including coordinating resources across corporate functions. Create and maintain presentations and spreadsheets. Compose correspondence with internal and external
- Serve as receptionist: answer telephone and receive guests
- Process donations and mail daily
- Time Management – Conserve the Executive Director’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications. Able to multi-task and meet challenging deadlines
- Event Coordinating – Plan functions as requested, including negotiation with outside venders for services
- Project Management – Lead multiple projects simultaneously; utilize exceptional follow-up skills
- Communications – Expert level oral and written communication skills. Able to communicate vertically and laterally within the organization at all levels. Interact professionally with clients, venders, and visitors
- Gather and compile the monthly statistical information from staff (Site Directors, Program Manager, Development Director, )
- Maintain all central office donor information
- Set appointments and schedule meetings for Executive Director
- Order office supplies for the main office and program sites
- Accepting and able to communicate with individuals of varied culture and socio-economic groups
- Update Ministry Office Assistant Manual
- Develop office processes to maximize the work of the ministry
- Adhere to the confidentiality policy of Begin Anew
- Passion for sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ and a willingness to sign Begin Anew’s Statement of Faith
- Position serves both internal & external customers
- Access to and/or works with sensitive and/or confidential information
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum Work Experience: 1-3 years
- Non-profit experience preferred
- Database and donor management system experience preferred
- Computer skills: Advanced Computer Skills (Able to use email, word processing, computer systems, etc. to their fullest capacity)
- Communication Skills: Moderate Communication Skills (Immediate peers & peers in other departments); Complex Communication Skills (Peers and leadership); Organizational Communication Skills (Company-wide)
- Decision Making Abilities: Job Specific Impact; Department Specific Impact
- Problem Solving Skills: Routine Business Problems; Varied / Complex Business Problems
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a colleague to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, or crawl; speak or hear. The colleague must occasionally lift, push, pull and/or move up to 20 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate-controlled office environment with routine office equipment.
Noise level in the work environment is typical for an office environment.
Minimum overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
- New Year’s Day (January 1st)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day (July 4th)
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day and Friday following
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- In addition, the office will be closed from December 26th through December 31st to allow employees time off with their families. Holidays that fall on weekends may be observed the previous Friday or the following Monday. Available after 6 months of employment
- 5 vacation days
Available after 12 months of employment
- 10 vacation days
- 401K available at employee’s expense through Guidestone
- Monthly additional pay of $125 toward health insurance
How to Apply
Do you want to make a difference? Begin Anew has an excellent opportunity for a highly dependable, detail oriented, and well organized team player who is able to work independently as a Ministry Office Assistant.
Must have prior work experience and excellent written and verbal skills, with a “people first” attitude. If you feel called to be a part of something bigger than yourself please apply today by emailing a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
- Date Posted: January 29, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Education
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday; 8am-4:30pm averaging 40 hours per week for full time colleagues