Ministry Office Assistant
JOB TITLE: Ministry Office Assistant
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
DATE REVISED November 2021
POSITION STATUS: Full-time, Nonexempt
SALARY STATUS: Please submit salary requirements with resume.
Works with the Executive Director to make the office a premier resource for all aspects of the ministry in accordance with the core values, mission, and version of Begin Anew
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.|
Customer Focus: Position serves both internal and external customers.
Confidentiality: Access to and/or works with sensitive and/or confidential information.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree
Minimum Work Experience: 1-3 years
Industry Experience: Non-profit experience preferred.
System(s) Experience: Database and donor management system experience preferred.
Computer Skills: Advanced Computer Skills (Able to use email, word processing, computer systems, etc. to their fullest capacity)
☒ Moderate Communication Skills (Immediate peers & peers in other departments)
☒ Complex Communication Skills (Peers and leadership)
☒ Organizational Communication Skills (Company-wide)
Decision Making Abilities:
☒ Job Specific Impact
☒ Department Specific Impact
Problem Solving Skills:
☒ Routine Business Problems
☒ Varied / Complex Business Problems
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a colleague to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, or crawl; speak or hear. The colleague must occasionally lift, push, pull and/or move up to 20 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate-controlled office environment with routine office equipment. Noise level in the work environment is typical for an office environment.
Hours / Shifts: Monday – Friday; 8am-4:30pm averaging 40 hours per week for full time colleagues
Travel: Minimum overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
- 401K available at employee’s expense through Guidestone
- Monthly additional pay of $125 toward health insurance
- New Year’s Day (January 1st)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day (July 4th)
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day and Friday following
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- In addition, the office will be closed from December 26th through December 31st to allow employees time off with their families. Holidays that fall on weekends may be observed the previous Friday or the following Monday.
- Available after 6 months of employment:
- 5 vacation days
- Available after 12 months of employment:
- 10 vacation days
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume and cover letter to Yvette Brooks, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: July 12, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: Please submit salary requirements with resume.
- Working Hours: - Friday; 8am-4:30pm averaging 40 hours per week for full time colleagues