Middle School Teacher
The Jewish Middle School of Nashville is a small, growing independent school seeking a dynamic individual who is interested in being part of a collaborative team of educators. The right candidate will be eager to think creatively about how the middle school child learns best. It is essential for the candidate to have a sense of humor and fun to succeed in a community who takes its teaching and learning very seriously.
The teacher will be responsible for instruction in math and one other core academic discipline in addition to extra duties and responsibilities related to student supervision and enrichment. The School will consider both full time and part time applicants, with benefits available for full time teachers.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver instructional activities and lesson plans.
- Maintain nurturing classroom environment.
- Participate in professional development and stay current with educational trends.
- Use School-provided software to communicate student progress.
- Utilize multi-modal methods for teaching different kinds of learners.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational and cultural backgrounds of the students served.
- Engage in professional coaching with program coordinators to ensure initiatives and annual goals are being met.
- Prepare and distribute required reports.
- Regularly communicate student needs and performance to administrators and parents.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree, relevant Master’s preferred.
- 1-3 years teaching experience
- Interest in leading extra-curricular activities and/or coaching athletics preferred
Health insurance available for full time employees
How to Apply
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: June 16, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 07/27/2020
- Salary Range: 45,000-55,000 anually
- Working Hours: 8;00-3:30