Linden Waldof School
Middle School Class Teacher
Linden Waldof School
Position: Middle School Class Teacher
Status: Full-time, Salaried
Linden Waldorf School is seeking a qualified and motivated individual to serve as class teacher in the elementary grades. Candidates must possess a commitment to personal and professional development and an enthusiasm for collegial work. We offer mentoring, opportunities for professional development, and a workplace supportive of pursuing Waldorf certification. This position reports directly to the Director of Education.
This person will work as a part of a committed team of teachers and be an active member of our school community.
Waldorf class teachers have a unique relationship to their class because of their opportunity to know their students across years and across disciplines. Teachers make a significant commitment to their classes, both in endeavoring to know their individual students well and in bringing a rich and solidly academic curriculum to the class as a whole. This relationship involves creating a productive working relationship with the parents, as well as a cooperative relationship with colleagues.
All employees are subject to the requirements of the Employee Handbook. In addition, all teachers are required to teach the curriculum outlined in their grade-specific Scope and Sequence, available upon request.
Classroom Responsibilities and Duties:
- All aspects of preparing and teaching lessons.
- Develop and maintain a safe, inclusive and harmonious environment that supports social-emotional development and learning.
- Document and record student progress and grades according to agreed upon standards.
- Conduct class parent meetings on a routine basis.
- Prepare a yearly class play or presentation as indicated by the curriculum.
- Plan and carry out a yearly class trip as indicated in the curriculum.
- Create and maintain a grade-appropriate, aesthetically pleasing, and orderly classroom space.
- Maintaining and striving for an openness to understand Waldorf Education and child development.
- Attendance and participation in weekly faculty meetings and inservice workshops.
- Attendance and participation in weekly section meetings.
- Service on at least one (1) faculty committee. First year teachers may be exempt from this requirement.
- Attendance/assistance at major all-school activities.
- Attendance at all-school meetings as indicated by administration.
- Willingness to participate in the enrollment process of new students, particularly in discussions of student placement.
- Participation in the design and execution of an individualized plan for professional development.
- Attendance at Waldorf education summer training as identified as appropriate by the Director of Education.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Education or a related field
1 – 2 years previous classroom experience
Interest in and appreciation for Waldorf Education
Master’s Degree from an accredited university in Education of a related field
Have completed, or interest in Waldorf Certification
Salary is scaled based on experience and education.
It is the policy of Linden Waldorf School to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, status as a covered veteran, or any other legally protected status, in accordance with federal and state law, and not to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: May 15, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth