Mid-Cumberland Regional Director
The Regional Director position will work to implement the Tennessee Strategy for Suicide Prevention and serve as a subject matter expert for all things suicide prevention in their specific region.
You are a great fit for this role if you are able to motivate others and yourself, engage community volunteers, work as a team member, value cultural differences, resolve conflicts, and display genuine interest in working with at-risk persons and with people who want to make an impact on suicide prevention in Tennessee. The right candidate will possess excellent self-care routines, be compassionate and have empathy for those that have been affected by suicide. Public speaking engagements are highly regular; in this role, you should be able to present clearly the curricula of TSPN to a variety of audiences.
- Oversee and implement TSPN projects and strategies in collaboration with TSPN Advisory Council Regional Chair
- Promote regional suicide prevention activities
- Coordinate volunteer activities and increase volunteer engagement in their region
- Coordinate at least one regional event during Suicide Prevention Awareness Month (September)
- Assist with the development and distribution of educational materials approved by the Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Oversee and facilitate training sessions involving suicide prevention training curricula supported by TSPN for populations identified in grants
- Coordinate gatekeeper and lethality assessment training using curricula supported by TSPN
- Provide general information and education about suicide prevention to targeted groups as requested
- Develop and disseminate regional mental health resources and other information/items to promote access to mental health services
- Present to professional conferences, trainings, and in-services to provide suicide prevention workshops curricula supported by TSPN
- Assist with postvention operations at schools, businesses, and other agencies affected by recent suicide deaths
- Prepare reports as necessary and required by Central office
- Participate in new directives and initiatives as directed by Central Office
- Accurately and efficiently report all outcomes
- Participate in professional development opportunities
- Collaborate with other organizations, councils, coalitions, and other stakeholders
- Ensure any new materials, trainings, or other products of TSPN are approved by the TN Dept. of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, counseling, psychology, public health, or related field
- Experience in public health and/or mental health preferred; experience in suicide prevention and/or crisis intervention a plus
- Applicants with equivalent experience will be considered where personal qualities, experience, and proven success is demonstrated
- Must have reliable transportation with a valid license and current insurance
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- MS Office
- Constant Contact
- Public speaking
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following benefits
Health Insurance – The Agency pays an amount equal to 80% of the monthly premium cost for individual coverage. The employee pays the remaining 20% cost through payroll deduction. Employees can add family coverage at their own cost which will be paid through payroll deduction. Coverage becomes effective on the 1st day of the month following 30 days of employment. Complete details of the health plan are described in the new hire presentation provided to new eligible employees.
Vision Insurance – Employees may elect vision insurance at their own cost under the State of TN group plan, the premiums of which will be paid through payroll deductions. Coverage becomes effective on the 1st day of the month following 30 days of employment. Complete details of the vision plan are described in the new hire presentation provided to eligible employees.
Dental Insurance – Employees may elect dental insurance at their own cost under TAADAS’ group plan, the premiums of which will be paid through payroll deductions. Coverage becomes effective on the 1st day of the month following 90 days of employment.
Life Insurance – Coverage is provided for all full-time employees under a group term policy with The Hartford Company. The benefit amount is $50,000. This premium is 100% paid by TAADAS. Details of the life insurance are flyer provided to eligible employees. Coverage becomes effective on the 1st day of the month following 180 days of employment.
Long Term Disability Insurance – TAADAS pays 100% for your Long Term Disability Insurance premium with Sun Life Financial. Benefit highlights are described in the flyer provided to eligible employees. Coverage becomes effective on the 1st day of the month following 90 days of employment.
Simple IRA Retirement Plan – TAADAS has established a “Simple IRA” savings plan to provide employees the potential for future financial security for retirement. Eligibility for the IRA plan begins immediately upon hire for employees who are reasonably expected to make at least $5000.00 in compensation for the calendar year. Thereafter, you may join the plan only during the open enrollment period, which occurs in a 60 day window between November 2nd and December 31st each year.
The Simple IRA allows you to elect how much salary you want to contribute (up to current federal limits) so you can tailor your retirement package to meet your individual needs. TAADAS also contributes an additional matching amount of up to three percent (3 %) of the employee’s salary.
Vacation – The amount of paid vacation time employees receive each year increases with the length of their employment as shown in the following schedule:
0 – 5 Years of Service………………………4.33 hours per pay period (three weeks)
5 – 10 Years of Service……………………..5.77 hours per pay period (four weeks)
10 + Years of Service……………………….7.21 hours per pay period (five weeks)
Sick Leave – Full Time employees will accrue sick leave benefits at an annual rate of 64 and unused sick leave can be accumulated up to a maximum of thirty days.
How to Apply
Email resume to email@example.com
- Date Posted: July 7, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Education
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk; M-F