Tennessee Housing Development Agency
Microsoft 365 Engineer
Tennessee Housing Development Agency
MICROSOFT 365 ENGINEER
(Systems Engineer – Intermediate)
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, JULY 30, 2021 AT 11:59PM
Division: Information Technology
Reports to: Assistant Director of Information Technology
Location: Nashville, TN
Salary Grade: 41
Salary Range Minimum: $5,756
FLSA Classification: Exempt (03)
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
POSITION SUMMARY: This role works collaboratively with internal stakeholders in achieving mission objectives with the agency’s Microsoft 365 implementation. These include maintaining systems for email journaling, archiving, Compliance, and eDiscovery requests. Specifically, the candidate must be able to provide technical leadership and hands on expertise, while interacting with, and supporting customers, all levels of management, and technical personnel directly. The individual in this role will examine reported incidents and problems and suggest and/or implement appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair or return to service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide implementation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and monitoring support for the agency’s Microsoft 365 environment
- Prepare and maintain training materials and guides for all 365 applications; conduct end-user training
- Support efforts to collect data, conduct analysis, develop, and implement solutions associated with incident tickets and requirements.
- Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for root cause analysis, operational assessment and process improvement initiatives.
- Support customer requirements in a fast paced environment and be able to provide on-call support during outages occurring after hours.
- Interface with Microsoft for any Tier 3 support.
- Perform day-to-day management and administration for Exchange Online system within an Office 365 hybrid/cloud environment; manage and operate all email routing devices and services
- Manage roles and services, user permissions, email queues, and dynamic distribution groups, including group mailboxes and distribution lists
- Implement Exchange PowerShell to fulfill automation tasks
- Secure the agency’s Microsoft 365 environment under the supervision of and in collaboration with the Assistant Director of Information Technology
- Configure and manage the Intune Mobile Device Management platform for agency issued mobile devices.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited two-year college or technical institute with a major in data processing, computer science, or other related acceptable field.
- Three years direct networking experience in a multi-server environment, evidenced by substantial full-time increasingly responsible professional information systems networking.
- Hands on experience with implementation, deployment, migration, and support for Exchange Online, including working with Exchange Hybrid servers
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Experience interacting with service lanes to handle service inquiries and problems.
- Experience with Office 365 and Microsoft Exchange versions 2013 and 2019
- Experience with Scripting and Automation through Exchange PowerShell or other scripting languages
- Experience with log reviews, incident analysis, and identification of issue trends
- Experience troubleshooting issues in a growing environment.
- Proven Track record of working effectively within a team and providing support to peers toward improved processes and results.
- Ability to triage and properly classify incidents and prioritize work efforts accordingly
- Strong customer service skills; works well with clients and other vendors in achieving mission success and is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
State of Tennessee positions that may involve driving responsibilities require candidates to meet the following minimum driver qualifications:
- A valid driver’s license
- For the past five years, the candidate’s driving record must not have record of the following violations: driving under the influence (DUI), reckless driving, license suspension for moving violations, more than 4 moving violations
BENEFITS: THDA offers an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care, transportation, and parking; annual leave and sick leave that begin accruing after the first month of employment; and 11 paid holidays per year. We also offer work-life balance opportunities through alternative work schedules, flexible schedules, and telecommuting.
How to Apply
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Date Posted: July 9, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Information Technology
- Service Area: Government
- Salary Range: $5,756