Kid's Place - Columbia - Maury County -
Mental Health Counselor
Kid's Place - Columbia - Maury County -
Position Title: Full Time Therapist – Maury County
Position Location: Columbia, TN
Supervisor: Executive Director
Kid’s Place – A Child Advocacy Center
Kid’s Place is the Child Advocacy Center serving the 22nd Judicial District including Giles, Lawrence, Maury, and Wayne Counties in Tennessee. The mission of Kid’s Place is to provide hope, help, and healing to sexually and physically abused children and youth through a multidisciplinary approach.
The full-time Therapist is responsible for utilizing an evidence based therapy to deliver direct therapeutic services to the child victims and caregivers of our servicing counties. He/She should stay current on the literature of best practices and seek training that would best accommodate the needs of our clients. This position is for the Maury County Satellite location in Columbia, TN.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
Duties and responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Monitor compliance to legal guidelines, internal policies and quality standards
- Maintain strict standards of confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA and ACA standards
- Provide evidence based treatment to clients
- Maintain client records in electronic health records and the client tracking database
- Maintain accurate records of services proved in the client file and in NCATrak
- Complete annual training specific to victim compensation; training can be online or in a workshop
- Maintain current continuing educational requirements as mandated by clinical discipline
- Complete annual Title VI training online
- Stay current in research of best practices of child sexual and/or physical abuse
- Provide crisis counseling to child victims and non-offending caregivers as needed regardless of therapy status
- Follow up via telephone or letter when 30 days has lapsed since a client’s last therapy appointment
- Refer non-offending caregiver to Family advocate and/or outside resources as needed
- Travel to and from the main location in Lawrenceburg and other satellite locations
Education and experience:
A minimum of a master’s degree in social work or mental health counseling required. Licensure to practice independently is preferred. Three years of experience working directly with children is required. TF-CBT required, EMDR and RPT preferred.
Knowledge, skill, and abilities:
Knowledge, skill, and abilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to work as team player with CAC staff members;
• Ability to work in a professional manner with members of many other agencies;
• Beginning (basic) knowledge of the dynamics of families where abuse and/or neglect is
• Knowledge of the stages of child development;
• Knowledge of community resources;
• Skills in providing crisis intervention services to families;
• Must have good oral and written communication skills;
• Must have good computer skills and ability to keep caseload up to date in agency’s database,
• Ability to analyze and evaluate the community’s resources for families and barriers that
prevent families receiving prompt and/or immediate service;
• Sensitivity to diversity issues.
Specialized and on-going training will be provided.
Other requirements for employment:
Person in this position must have a working phone, reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, provide proof of automobile insurance, acceptable driving record, and must pass an extensive criminal background check.
The person in this position will be required to work flexible hours based on the needs of
Kid’s Place. The schedule will be set by the Executive Director, and will reflect a minimum of 37.5 hour work week.
Full-time employees are awarded two weeks of annual leave within the first year of employment
Paid Holidays and sick time
Health, dental, and vision insurance benefits are available to all full-time employees
Diversity/EEO Statement: Place Child Advocacy Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
How to Apply
Interested Applicants should email Cover Letter and Résumé to:
Charlsi Legendre, Executive Director
Subject line: Maury County Therapist
No phone calls please.
- Date Posted: August 16, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 10/01/2022
- Salary Range: 42,000 - 45,000
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk; M-F