Membership Manager – Williamson Co Region
Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee
Provides direct delivery of services to girls and adult volunteers through
management of the membership service area. Administers the Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee’s plan
of work for membership, growth, and retention. Pursues fund development opportunities in local
service area in efforts to increase donors, awareness, and community partners.
• Ensures service area meets annual membership goals.
• Supports geographic area’s volunteer base: connecting them to programs, camps, and service projects.
• Plans and leads trainings for new and returning troop leaders.
• Provides Product Programs support to troop leaders during fall product and cookie program.
• Oversees local troops’ bank accounts to ensure integrity and responsibility when handling girls’ funds.
• Resolves conflicts and provides advice and guidance to volunteers.
• Ensures data for service area is updated and accurate in GSMIDTN online tool, CouncilAlignMENT
• Participates in planning and implementation of annual GSMIDTN girl and volunteer celebration, Girl Scouts Honors Day
• Assists VP of Membership in the overall planning and administration of the geographic service area related to goals of the plan of work.
• Prioritizes goals and ensures that service area has a written membership plan based on demographics, membership trends and other market data.
• Coordinates and integrates with other departments’ operations to ensure successful implementation of program, events, and delivery systems.
• Responsible for development, implementation, and evaluation of innovative new ways of extending membership to all communities within the service area.
• Develops and implements a plan to ensure Girl Scout visibility locally and cultivate community relationships and support.
• Participates in local community networking events through avenues such as local school district or Chamber events
• Positions Girl Scouting as a key community partner and expert in addressing girls’ issues.
• Works with the Communications team to ensure that Girl Scout activities are publicized throughout the service area.
• Participates in targeted community networking opportunities and takes leadership roles in the community.
• Oversees community, volunteer, and financial support including supporting the interface and cultivation of diverse funding sources throughout the service area.
• Achieve assigned Girl Scouts Executive annual fundraising goal.
• Participates in solicitation calls/presentations to key donors.
• Create and execute a strategy for a sustainable base of individual and corporate donors.
• Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with future and current donors.
• Secure financial support from individuals and corporations.
Additional Management Duties
• Accepts additional responsibilities and performs other duties as delegated by the VP of Membership.
• Bachelor’s degree or experience equivalent and three to five years preferably in sales, management, marketing, education or other related fields.
• Girl Scout experience as an adult preferred.
Successful track record of managing multiple projects
Ability and experience in development and administration of budgets.
Experience in volunteer management and an ability to work with a diverse group of staff and volunteers including donors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:.
• Possess a professional attitude and strong work ethic with exception customer service skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer.
• Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule including some evening and weekend work and be willing to travel within an assigned territory.
• Strong belief in the mission of Girl Scouting and the ability to convey its importance to the public.
• Ability to pass a criminal background check including a motor vehicle report.
Organized, independent thinker and self-starter.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Valid Tennessee Driver’s License and state required proof of insurance.
Must have reliable transportation.
Physical Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may sit, stand or drive for prolonged periods of time. The employee may lift, carry or otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 15 pounds.
I acknowledge receipt of this job description and that I have thoroughly read this information.
Competive benefits package
How to Apply
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com
- Date Posted: February 4, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 02/28/2020
- Salary Range: Low 40000's