Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee
Membership Manager – Rutherford County
Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee
Position Overview: Provides direct delivery of services to girls and adult volunteers through management of the membership service area. Administers the Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee’s plan of work for membership, growth, and retention. Pursues fund development opportunities in local service area in efforts to increase donors, awareness, and community partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures service area meets annual membership goals.
• Supports geographic area’s volunteer base: connecting them to programs, camps, and service projects.
• Plans and leads trainings for new and returning troop leaders.
• Provides Product Programs support to troop leaders during fall product and cookie program.
• Oversees local troops’ bank accounts to ensure integrity and responsibility when handling girls’ funds.
• Resolves conflicts and provides advice and guidance to volunteers.
• Ensures data for service area is updated and accurate in GSMIDTN online tool, CouncilAlignMENT
• Participates in planning and implementation of annual GSMIDTN girl and volunteer celebration, Girl Scouts Honors Day
• Assists Director of Membership and Volunteer Resources in the overall planning and administration of the geographic service area related to goals of the plan of work.
• Prioritizes goals and ensures that service area has a written membership plan based on demographics, membership trends and other market data.
• Coordinates and integrates with other departments’ operations to ensure successful implementation of program, events, and delivery systems.
• Provides Spring Outreach to 100 girls.
• Responsible for development, implementation, and evaluation of innovative new ways of extending membership to all communities within the service area.
• Develops and implements a plan to ensure Girl Scout visibility locally and cultivate community relationships and support.
• Participates in local community networking events through avenues such as local school district or Chamber events
• Positions Girl Scouting as a key community partner and expert in addressing girls’ issues.
• Works with the Communications team to ensure that Girl Scout activities are publicized throughout the service area.
• Participates in targeted community networking opportunities and takes leadership roles in the community.
• Oversees community, volunteer, and financial support including supporting the interface and cultivation of diverse funding sources throughout the service area.
• Researches and obtains funding for spring outreach.
• Achieve assigned Girl Scouts annual fundraising goal by providing names to Fund Development team.
• Participates in solicitation calls/presentations to key donors.
• Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with future and current donors.
• Secure financial support from individuals and corporations.
Additional Management Duties
• Accepts additional responsibilities and performs other duties as delegated by the Dir of Membership and Volunteer Resources.
• Bachelor’s degree or experience equivalent and three to five years preferably in sales, management, marketing, education or other related fields.
• Girl Scout experience as an adult preferred.
Successful track record of managing multiple projects
Ability and experience in development and administration of budgets.
Experience in volunteer management and an ability to work with a diverse group of staff and volunteers including donors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:.
• Possess a professional attitude and strong work ethic with exception customer service skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer.
• Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule including some evening and weekend work and be willing to travel within an assigned territory.
• Strong belief in the mission of Girl Scouting and the ability to convey its importance to the public.
• Ability to pass a criminal background check including a motor vehicle report.
Organized, independent thinker and self-starter.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Valid Tennessee Driver’s License and state required proof of insurance.
Must have reliable transportation.
Physical Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may sit, stand or drive for prolonged periods of time. The employee may lift, carry or otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 15 pounds.
I acknowledge receipt of this job description and that I have thoroughly read this information.
Health, dental, vision, disability, 403B, Paid Time Off and other benefits.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
Girl Scout Experience a plus.
- Date Posted: June 7, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 06/28/2021
- Salary Range: 40,000-48,000