Nashville Public Radio
Nashville Public Radio
Join the development team at Nashville Public Radio as Membership Coordinator and help make big things happen. The Development & Marketing team supports Nashville Public Radio’s stations: 90.3 FM WPLN News, and 91.One, WNXP, Nashville’s New Music Experience.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, focused team member who is an expert in communications, data entry, spreadsheets, and databases. One who can manage a high volume of transactions without error. One who would love to make genuine connections with donors, listeners, and colleagues. One who has never missed a deadline, is a self-starter and can manage a complex calendar of tasks.
Reporting to the Membership Manager, the Membership Coordinator works with the team to build a satisfied and growing donor base whose financial contributions support the mission of Nashville Public Radio. This is a position with room for growth in a fast-growing organization.
- Active and timely communication with listeners/members/donors, specifically:
- Respond to member questions and concerns over the phone, through email and mail
- Outgoing phone calls to welcome new members
- Communicating directly with sustaining members
- Collect current credit card information from our monthly sustainers through outgoing phone calls and emails
- Write and mail thank you letters and tax receipts
- Precise and accurate data entry into our listener/member/donor database
- Participates in on-air fund drives, including both behind the scenes production and occasional on-air pitching
- Assists with special events, both internal and external, including developing and distributing invitations, collecting RSVPs, working with caterers
- Additional duties as assigned
- A passion for public media
- 3 years related experience
- Extraordinary customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail
- High proficiency in office suites: excel, word, google docs
- Demonstrated experience with membership databases preferred (Allegiance, MemSys, Salesforce, BlackBaud, Raiser’s Edge or similar)
- Must have automobile and proof of insurance
- Graphic design skills a plus
In addition to being part of the meaningful mission of Nashville Public Radio, employees receive competitive salary and excellent benefits. As part of a successful public radio organization, you will get cross training and educational opportunities to expand your skill set and further your professional development.
How to Apply
To apply, email a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
- Date Posted: June 17, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 07/19/2021
- Salary Range: 55000
- Working Hours: 8:30am-5:00pm with some evening and weekend hours and flexibility