Parthenon Management Group
Member Services Manager
Parthenon Management Group
The Member Services Manager supports PMG’s goals, values and philosophy by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, quality service, commitment and accountability. As a member of the PMG team, performance includes demonstration of the following accountabilities: communication, teamwork and job knowledge.
The position performs high level administrative and management duties necessary to provide association management services to professional societies managed by Parthenon Management Group. The Member Services Manager is the primary management leader of professional societies managed by Parthenon Management Group. The Member Services Manager is responsible for overseeing the administration, annual meeting, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, community outreach, problem-solving and strategizing to ensure the organization’s long and short-term goals come to fruition.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, include the following but are not limited to:
Governance: Works with the Board of Directors and Committees in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board of Directors and Committees and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- This includes scribing discussion overview and the preparation of official minutes of each meeting for approval by the Society’s Secretary, officers or committee chair.
- Prepares a summary action items following each meeting.
- Follows up with the President and/or other officers and board members responsible for accomplishing the action items and provides administrative or other assistance in accomplishing those tasks.
- Monitors progress and holds members accountable for results.
- Assist in maintaining a tracking and reporting system for the Society that:
- Documents the societies’ plan of work for each year.
- Outlines the actions necessary to accomplish that plan.
- Tracks and records the accomplishment of each step in the work plan.
- Provides timely reports of the activities of the society, its committees, and staff to the Board.
- Work with ACNP volunteers and staff, especially the ACNP Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee, to ensure the society maintains a robust portfolio of DEI initiatives and programming.
Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the society, to include submission to the board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management. Must operate within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for assisting with fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support the mission of the society.
- Reconcile the cash flow of the society monthly and stay abreast on the financial trends and needs of the organization.
Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for the enhancement of the societies image by working closely with other professional, and like organizations when possible.
Organization Operations. Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible effective administration of daily committee operations.
- Responsible for reviewing and obtaining appropriate signatures on all contracts and/or agreements, on behalf of the organization.
- Assists in the maintenance of the organization’s website.
Additional duties as required:
- Support Executive Director/Project Manager with special projects.
- Assist in the training and mentoring of new staff.
- Oversee operational aspects of Parthenon Management Group such as organizing staff meetings, cultivating a positive workplace culture, utilizing employee strengths through the coordination of blog writing and other relevant opportunities.
- Lead and/or participate in strategic plan focus groups.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Provides assistance and training to Project Coordinators and other new Member Services Managers and Project Managers.
- Supervises assigned Project Coordinators.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four–year university or equivalent experience.
- Experience with DEI programs is desired.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Ability to convey a vision of the organization’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector.
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee, train, and collaborate with staff.
- Detailed oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Travel required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel strongly preferred.
Health, dental, vision, 401K, Long-term disability and many more.
How to Apply
Email your cover letter and resume to Elizabeth Pulliam at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: August 3, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 08/27/2021
- Working Hours: 40 hours/wk; M-F