Member Services Assistant
FiftyForward seeks candidates for part-time Member Services Assistant for J.L. Turner location.
FiftyForward’s mission is to support, champion and enhance life for those 50 and older. Established in 1956, we are the premier provider of innovative programs and services for older adults and their families. A powerful leadership team of staff, volunteers and community operate under the FiftyForward umbrella. This includes seven lifelong learning centers (two in Williamson County and five in Davidson County; five of which are accredited by the National Institutes of Senior Centers) as well as FiftyForward Supportive Care programs including FiftyForward Fresh Meals on Wheels and FiftyForward Adult Day Services and numerous volunteer opportunities.
FiftyForward J. L. Turner Center is a partnership between FiftyForward and the YMCA of Middle Tennessee. The center provides enrichment for older adults through age appropriate health, wellness, social and educational opportunities. As the center is co-located at the Bellevue Family YMCA, FiftyForward is able to offer individual and group exercise classes in a wellness environment. Our facility opened in 2006, and this unique partnership was the first of its kind in the country.
The Member Services Assistant provides support to members and visitors of the center as well as administrative support for programming and the office.
The successful candidate will have:
- Passion for serving people; demonstrated commitment to mission, values and goals of FiftyForward.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED equivalency.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, administrative and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency using various Microsoft platforms.
- Ability to accurately handle and track fees and activities through use of specific databases such as MySeniorCenter.
- Knowledge of the basic operations of typical office equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with volunteers to support daily operations of programming.
- Willingness to share in responsibility of daily programming including room set up, A/V set up, driving 14 passenger van if needed, clean up, food prep, customer service, and taking payments.
- Sick and vacation accruals
- 401K plan
- Voluntary benefits such as life, long term care and short-term disability
How to Apply
Apply via the FiftyForward website at https://fiftyforward.org/employment/
- Date Posted: March 13, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 04/06/2020
- Salary Range: $13-15.00 /hour
- Working Hours: 24 hours/week