Medical Practice Manager
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Medical Practice Manager for our new and growing My House Clinic in Nashville. In this role, you would contribute to Nashville CARES’ mission to end the HIV/AIDS epidemic in Middle Tennessee. This role is responsible for managing the clerical and clinical staff. Adapting to various situations with ease and flexibility is important. Employee Engagement and Customer Service are a major focus. We treat each patient with respect and dignity. Ensuring that our clients are presented with a friendly, professional atmosphere is key to patient satisfaction. It is the responsibility of the Medical Practice Manager to effectively manage employee engagement and to improve overall patient satisfaction and retention.
- Supervises all staff including scheduling, training and development, compensation planning and performance management with ability to cover for staff as needed
- Functions as liaison between clinicians, staff, and patients. Maintains patient and staff confidentiality
- Functions as a liaison between patients and ancillary services including billing, laboratory services, pharmaceutical patient assistance programs
- Serves as primary point of contact for accounts with outside vendors
- Counsels with clinicians to analyze and recommend changes in medical practice systems, policies and procedures, and assists with ensuring implementation
- Counsels with leadership and clinicians on matters pertaining to basic operational policies of the clinic, recommends new or revised operational policies and ensures implementation
- Monitors timely and appropriate scheduling of patients
- Assists with clinical activities as needed including rooming patients, phlebotomy, administration of medications/vaccinations, front desk
- Participates in professional development activities to keep current with trends and practices in health care administration. Maintains nursing license.
- Ensures regular inventory of supplies and orders as needed
- Submits requests for payment for clinic expenses in a timely manner
- Manages all sources of revenue including revenue cycle management, 340b, third party payers, grants, others as needed
- Manages reporting requirements for all clinic grants and quality improvement projects
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Current Tennessee state licensure as LPN or RN
- Minimum of 3 years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience leading a clinical team with leadership competencies and skills for the position including: excellent communication, customer service, continuous quality improvement, relationship development, results orientation, team building, motivating employees, performance management, and decision making.
- Demonstrated management skills necessary to provide leadership/supervision of staff to ensure the delivery of maximum quality care to all patients.
- Experience with management processes for FQHC, grant funded projects, reporting and compliance
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software and computer skills including experience with electronic medical records systems.
- Knowledge of government regulations and compliance requirements
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License and automobile liability insurance
- 3+ years’ supervisory or project/program management experience
- Prior clinical manager experience
- Proven track record in advanced high level customer service and follow through
Salary: Competitive non-profit compensation
Competitive Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 403b, long term disability insurance; short term disability insurance, group life insurance, voluntary life, accident insurance and critical insurance, generous paid time off policy (27 – 37 days per year based on accruals and length of service), and 12 paid holidays.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: June 10, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)