Hope Clinic for Women
Medical Manager and Nurse Practitioner
Hope Clinic for Women
Position Title: Medical Manager & Nurse Practitioner
Position Type: Full-time; salaried
All changes due to vacation/illness/offsite events/etc. should be approved by the Client Programs Sr. Manager and noted on the HCFW Group Calendar.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Hope Clinic for Women is a faith-based, safe and confidential place for anyone dealing with life choices regarding past, present and future pregnancies. We provide education, counsel and medical care for anyone regardless of age, race or religion.
Hope Clinic for Women is a Christ centered ministry existing to honor the sanctity of all human life as exemplified by:
- Teenagers and single adults choosing abstinence until marriage;
- Women and men choosing life for their child in the midst of a pregnancy;
- People experiencing God’s grace and forgiveness after an abortion;
- The transformation of hearts and lives by discovering the purpose and potential God intended for all His children.
Medical/Client Care (60%)
- Renders client care in accordance with regulatory, certifying, and accreditation standards;
- Provides direct client care; including teaching and education as appropriate;
- Provides back-up coverage for pregnancy tests when needed;
- Provide ultrasounds and early pre-natal education;
- Provide well women exams, STD testing, treatment, Paps, and other related problem visits;
- Collection and documenting of vitals; obtain/document client medical history;
- Refer clients to our counseling program as needed.
- Assist with medical referrals and community resources for clients;
- Must be able to collect specimens for laboratory pickup, interpret results, and update client with results;
- Must be able to phone-in medications to the pharmacy when applicable;
- Maintains stock of all required medical supplies in exam rooms;
- Inventory and order medical/lab supplies as needed.
- Supervise training, management and review of the Nursing students and other medical volunteers/interns
- Coordinate medical staff, students, and medical volunteer schedules
- Coordinate with supervising physicians for chart signing, and protocol development and updating.
- Coordinate with fellow Client Program Managers to streamline clients from one area to the next.
- Manage vendor relations with key contractors and review/modify as necessary
Public Relations (10%)
- Build/maintain relationships with local hospitals, colleges, community agencies and doctors; (clients, volunteers and donors)
- Ensure all medical staff conduct client post satisfaction surveys, track data and submit results;
- Work with Client Program Senior Manager and CEO to write the medical annual strategic plan and budget;
- Approve timesheets for Medical staff;
- Approve and submit Medical bills and receipts in a timely manner;
- Review monthly medical budget and adhere to budget assigned;
- Report monthly Medical clinical outcomes and explain variances from goals on client committee report.
- Complete monthly statistics. Be prepared to report at Client Program Committee meetings with CEO and Board Members;
- Oversee lab fees and details for ‘in kind’ donations for audit purposes
- Update medical policies and procedures as needed;
- Assure compliance with OSHA and HIPPA rules for all staff;
- Communicate and ensure compliance with all HR policies, procedures and updates to Medical staff.
- Collect client stories/testimonials monthly, quarterly, and annually for grants and fundraising events
Required Client Program Services Training and Responsibilities
- All Client Program staff back up other managers to ensure proper coverage for opening/closing, front desk, etc. as needed
- Staff check-ins 2x week;
- All Staff meetings 2x month, manager meetings with CEO 2x/month;
- Weekly check ins with Supervisor
- Quarterly staff retreats
- All staff are required to work a 4-6 hour shift for key agency wide fundraising events. This will either be a mix of set-up/during or clean up. Events include: Gala Dinner and Cider Carols.
- Current Tennessee or Multi-State NP license
- Current Tennessee APN license with prescriptive authority
- Current certification as and FNP, SNM or WHNP
- Current BLS and/or ACLS certification
- Current OB/GYN sonography certification
Medical, dental, and vision insurance available after 60 days of employment upon the first of the following month. 401k plan and company match available after 90 days of employment upon the next quarterly entry date. PTO available.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Alex McCandless at firstname.lastname@example.org. Pleae complete our online application here.
No calls or drop-ins, please.
- Date Posted: August 11, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: M-Thur 8:30am-5pm; F 8:30am-2:30pm