Medical Case Management Service Navigator
Nashville CARES is seeking an engaged social service professional to provide comprehensive services to people living with HIV (PLWH), through supporting a team of medical case managers in the provision of services that support clients in engaging in medical care.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provides support and follow-up to assist PLWH in the successful implementation of the CARE Plan in conjunction with the assigned MCM.
- Assists team members and assigned clients in the implementation of individualized care plans. This includes, but is not limited to: scheduling appointments, assisting with paperwork, providing information and referral for medical, insurance, entitlement, housing, education, employment, and other identified services.
- Provides linkage and referral to assist PLWH efforts to address medical, social and/or practical needs.
- Provides the following, as clinically indicated, to PLWH: HIV treatment education; treatment adherence skills; health and wellness education; social support; provider communication skills; HIV status disclosure support; and safer sex education and support.
- Facilitates caller/walk-in access to HIV/AIDS information, CARES services and resources to other community organizations.
- Distributes agency services such as food bags and bus passes directly to clients within the agency and direct home delivery
- Completes eligibility applications and gathers needed supportive documentation to insure PLWH access to and use of Ryan White and HOPWA programs.
- Documents in electronic record(s) all interactions with PLWH, to include both outputs and outcomes consistent with agency, department, and professional ethical standards.
- Participates in MCM Clinical Team Staffing.
- Preforms administrative duties associated with ensuring delivery of and access to services.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; bachelor’s degree preferred
- Professional / volunteer experience working with clients in HIV and/or social services setting preferred
- Living with HIV and/or other shared life experience is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and maintain positive working relationships with clients, families, and co-workers
- Knowledge and skills to work with individuals experiencing mental health and or substance use disorders
- Knowledge of housing and employment barriers, as well as resources to address these barriers
- Understanding of social determinants of health and their impact on an individual’s ability to engage in and maintain health care resources
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to utilize an electronic client record
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to maintain an objective and compassionate attitude in dealing with varying types of situations and personalities
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License, vehicle, and automobile liability insurance to facilitate local travel required for client/agency related business.
- Bachelor’s in Social Work or other Human Services degree
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience providing community based social or health care services, a supervised BSW/MSW internship may be considered for one year
- Experience working with clients in HIV and/or social services setting
- Knowledge of the healthcare environment and a full range of community resources
- Knowledge of Ryan White programs
Salary: Competitive non-profit compensation
Competitive Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 403b, generous paid time off policy (27 – 37 days per year based on accruals and length of service); 12 paid holidays and more.
Nashville CARES is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers and clients. We respect equality and inclusivity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: June 23, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk