Medical Case Management Coordinator
The Medical Case Management Coordinator supervises and facilitates a team model of Medical Case Management (MCM) provided to People Living with HIV (PLWH), coordinating collaboration within a team setting to achieve agency mission of reducing the community viral load and providing services to those living with HIV. This is achieved through monitoring of all day to day programmatic delivery of MCM services of a team of 4-5 MCM staff, to ensure support to PLWH in obtaining and maintaining medical care. Team coordination includes but is not limited to coordination of the team’s caseload ensuring completion of appropriate assessment, re-assessment, CARE planning, and managing of PLWH needs as they arise.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Assesses and monitors coordination of MCM services provided by team to ensure timely completion of assessments, care plans, eligibility, and referrals.
- Ensures seamless delivery of MCM services to include coordination with intake team, and support services.
- Facilitates coordination with external community providers, medical and social services providers, and resources.
- Plans and facilitates interdisciplinary team staffings.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with community providers for coordination and collaboration of medical case management services, including relationships with locations for outwardly deployed staff and services.
- Participates in development, implementation, and monitoring of policies and procedures for the provision of medical case management services utilizing established best practices.
- Monitors outputs for achievement of program, department and agency goals
- Prepares monthly/quarterly reports.
- Participates in preparation of funding proposals and activity reports for funders.
- Participates in/provides needed documentation for agency efforts to secure/maintain grant funding.
- Participates in MCM/agency administrative planning groups/activities and department quality improvement activities.
- Provides ongoing clinical and administrative supervision of the MCM team including annual review per agency policy and procedure.
- Monitors and reports team and individual service efficiency, implementing tracking tools to ensure optimal and effective service delivery of MCM services to include documentation of services rendered: contacts, units, progress notes, acuity scales, assessments and outcomes and reports on quality and improvements needed.
- Monitors and reports employee compliance with agency/department/service/grant standards.
- Provides full range of direct services related to MCM service provision to include: screening, eligibility, clinical assessment, linkage, and referral
- Completes timely and accurate documentation of client eligibility, services provided, and outcome achievement.
- Adheres to agency, department, and team policies and procedures.
- Participates actively and productively in agency, department, and team meetings and events.
- Assists Clinical Services department with ongoing quality assurance and improvement activities.
Performs other duties as designated by supervisor or agency.
- Masters of Social Work or related masters with 2-3 years of clinical/supervisory experience OR equivalent experience with a bachelors in social work, or related social service field with 5 years of clinical experience required.
- Experience with HIV, Treatment Adherence, health benefits, housing, social services and resources
- Driver’s license, clean DMV record, and automobile liability insurance required.
Salary: Competitive non-profit compensation
Competitive Benefits Include:
- Employer-paid medical, dental and vision insurance premiums for individuals (up to $8,040 value for employee enrolled in individual plans) with enhanced, buy-up plans available with employee contribution
- Additional discounted family coverage available as well (up to $7,770 value for employee enrolled in family plans)
- 27 Paid Time Off Days during 1st year of employment with increases annually based on length of service up to 37 days at 10 years of service
- 12 Paid Holidays Annually
- Employer paid life and disability insurance
- 403b plan
How to Apply
- Date Posted: August 27, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)