Mercy Community Healthcare
Medical Assistant – Mission Driven Clinic
Mercy Community Healthcare
Mercy Community Healthcare has an opening for a Certified Medical Assistant. We are looking for enthusiastic people with a passion for making a difference in the lives of those we serve in our community.
Mercy’s Mission: The mission of Mercy Community Healthcare is to reflect the love and compassion of Jesus Christ by providing excellent healthcare to ALL and support to their families. We provide care to the uninsured, underinsured and insured through pediatric and adult primary care, mental and behavioral health services, and care coordination.
Our Certified Medical Assistants are a key component to our patient experience at Mercy. Are you up for this great opportunity? Apply Today!!
What Will You be Doing?
- Taking vital signs, obtaining patients chief complaints; administering vaccines; collecting necessary paperwork; assisting with patient procedures.
- May be performing specialized procedures, such as phlebotomy, and simple wound care, under strict protocol and procedural guidelines.
- Working with the primary care team to contact patients concerning appointments and lab results
- Setting up, cleaning, and disinfecting exam rooms and medical equipment and maintaining stocks of medical supplies, as necessary.
- Actively participating in care center protocols including HIPAA, universal blood, and body fluid precautions, etc.
What We Need from You:
- High school diploma or equivalent and certification as a Medical Assistant
- Certification as a medical assistant or ability to obtain certification within 90 days of employment.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or ability to obtain with 90 days of employment.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Ability to use and document in our Electronic Medical Record.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and clinical skills, and the ability to work with a wide variety of people.
- Practice safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
- Work with the nursing team to achieve quality improvement by proactively looking for ways to improve patient flow, quality of care, safety, and health.
What is in it for You?
- PTO – 3 weeks paid time off for all full-time employees.
- Holidays – 10 paid holidays for all full-time employees.
- Work-life balance – Regular working hours M-F 8am-5pm with Occasional Saturdays 8am-2pm.
- Great benefits like Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k)
- Work for a place with mission and purpose.
- Work with great people around you.
- Provide care for all who need it.
- Make a difference in your community.
How to Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
- Date Posted: June 21, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)