Medical Assistant / Medical Receptionist
We are a young and growing clinic in Nashville seeking motivated staff to implement our vision of holistic care with a focus on HIV medical care, STI prevention, sexual health and gender affirming care. This position will provide direct patient services through appointment scheduling, verifying insurance, maintaining up to date patient information in electronic medical records, accepting payment, and providing general customer service. As part of the clinic team this position will be primarily responsible for non-clinical aspects of the day-to-day operations providing support to the clinical team and ensuring patients have access to medical care. Additionally, this position will provide backup clinical medical assistant duties in the event clinic flow and/or staffing levels require it. The successful candidate will thrive in an environment that values customer service, is an effective communicator, and be a resource for both patients and clinical staff.
- Provide reception duties to include answering phones, appointment scheduling, greeting and welcoming patients and visitors.
- Serve as the main point of contact for patient and community inquiries, providing information about the clinic services.
- Provide appointment reminders through text, phone calls, and/or email.
- Provide information and referral assistance regarding available support and referrals for internal and external services.
- Complete patient follow up calls for no shows and follow up appointments.
- Obtain and verify accurate patient demographic information, maintaining up to date patient information in electronic medical records.
- Confirm patient eligibility for insurance and other programs
- Collect patient payment.
- Manage the provider schedule, with effective communication to clinical staff.
- Facilitate flow, notifying the clinical team of the status of patient communication arrival and any delays.
- Prepare medical records and send or request as needed including tracking and documenting medical record requests.
- Be proficient with faxing scanning and filing documents and medical records
- Provide office administration services as appropriate (i.e., office supply maintenance and ordering; incoming/outgoing mail).
- Maintain a welcoming environment ensuring cleanliness and organization of the waiting area.
- Participate in training to remain up to date on needed information pertaining to Nashville CARES HIV prevention and treatment.
- Assist with clinical care when staffing levels require, including rooming patients, phlebotomy, and medication administration.
- Effective strong written and oral communication skills.
- Possess strong organizational skills with ability to meet a demanding workload.
- Detail oriented to complete requirements of files and contract compliance.
- The ability to work collaboratively with other personnel and/or service providers or professionals.
- Sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of the population served.
- Obtaining vitals, vein punctures, shot administering
- Medical Assistant Certification
- 2 years relevant receptionist experience in a medical setting, including check-in and out procedures
- Experience with electronic health record, Athena preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Automobile insurance and satisfactory DMV record
- Experience with billing/coding/revenue cycle
- Excellent communications skills (read, write and speak) in English and Spanish highly preferred
Competitive Benefits Include:
- Employer-paid medical, dental and vision insurance premiums for individuals with enhanced, buy-up plans available with employee contribution
- 27 Paid Time Off Days during first year of employment with increases annually based on length of service up to 37 days at 10 years of service
- 12 Paid Holidays Annually
- Employer paid life and disability insurance
- 403b plan
- More . . .
How to Apply
- Date Posted: November 1, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk