NEW RATE! Starting rate is $18/hr. for 2 years or more relevant experience; $20/hr. for 4 years or more.
NEW BENEFIT! Loan Repayment Program to pay down your student loan debt.
Employment status Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Hours per week 40
Reports to Assistant Nurse Manager
The Medical Assistant at Siloam collaborates with the larger team to provide patient care through intake, onsite diagnostics and treatments, patient education, and occasional home visits. Everything is done in the context of whole person care with a team model.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- May provide nursing support directly for one specific provider or rotate among all the providers.
- When needed, retrieves messages from the nurse voicemail, sending messages to the appropriate physician and/or their nurse.
- Performs in-office procedures as needed: HbA1c, blood glucose, strep screen, U/A, pregnancy test, EKGs, audiometry, and spirometry.
- Provides PO, IM, and nebulized medications as needed. May provide IV access on occasion.
- Provides training and resource support for volunteer nurses.
- Performs phlebotomy for in-office laboratory when needed.
- Collaborates with other members of the team by making phone calls on behalf of the provider to the patient, pharmacy, or another physician’s office.
- May provide patient education as directed by provider.
- Provides patient follow-up through phone calls and occasional home visits.
- Delivers care in the manner that preserves patient autonomy, dignity, and rights.
- Participates in on-going quality improvement (QI) activities within the roles defined above.
- May provide health education to community health workers within the Community Health program if designated.
- May perform quality control measures on equipment if assigned.
- Performs OSHA requirements for sharps containers, biohazard bags, and expired medications.
- May perform sterilization of surgical instruments with autoclave protocol.
Education and Experience
- Current National Medical Assistant Certification preferred
- Current CPR certification
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a Medical Assisting Program
- Passionate about Christian ministry to the underserved and in full agreement with Siloam’s mission and core values
- Willingness to serve persons with limited access to healthcare and who are from different cultures and faith beliefs
- Computer literacy and familiarity with MS Office products as well as electronic medical records preferred
- Outpatient experience is preferred
- Adherence to OSHA and confidentiality requirements
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Familiarity with medical terminology is preferred
- Bilingual Required (Arabic/English or Spanish/English)
Special Conditions of Employment
- Annual TB screenings
- Proof of previous Hepatitis B vaccination, although employee may decline vaccination by signing a declination form.
Full benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance, life and LTD insurance, paid time off including holidays, eligible to participate in a retirement plan after one year of continuous employment, Loan Repayment Program to pay down your student loan debt, and much more.
How to Apply
Please visit our website at www.siloamhealth.org/careers. While there, browse to learn more about our Christian faith-based clinic for the uninsured and underserved, as well as our mission and core values.
- Date Posted: July 20, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: $18-20/hr