Read To Succeed, Inc.
Media & Events Coordinator
Read To Succeed, Inc.
Read To Succeed is looking for an experienced part-time Media and Events Coordinator to work in our office in Murfreesboro, TN.
Read To Succeed improves lives in Rutherford County by offering free literacy programs and events for adults and children. Read To Succeed supports this mission by fostering literacy partnerships between providers, educators, community helpers, and business owners, creating events and programming to promote literacy, and providing resources such as the Literacy Center and our website.
As the Media and Events Coordinator, you will be responsible for all external communication, including the organization’s website, monthly e-newsletter, press releases, media coverage, and social media campaigns. The Media and Events Coordinator also oversees all special events, including community outreach and fundraising events.
- Excellent written and communication skills, including the ability to create original content for web, press releases, and social media outlets
- Proficient in WordPress, email marketing systems, Canva, MS PowerPoint, MS Publisher
- Working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, including analytics
- Ability to plan and execute organization and community events from inception to completion, including concept, guest list, invitation creation and distribution, promotion, speaker/performer coordination, on-the-ground logistics, and follow up
- Photography and videography experience
- Comfortable working a trade show/community outreach booth at community forums
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends as events occur
- Ability to travel within Rutherford County for meetings and events
- Ability to manage and work with student and community volunteers
- Detail-oriented, organized, self-starter; thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment
- An education background is a plus
- Nonprofit background preferred
1-week vacation after one year
How to Apply
To apply, send an email with a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: June 28, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 07/11/2022
- Salary Range: $17,200-$20,800
- Working Hours: 20-25 set hours M-Th