Media and Marketing Specialist
Flexible hours – side hustle – be creative
Are you looking to use your social media, video, and design skills for a part-time gig? How about helping us reach out to families in need of assistance in the area of special education? Our services for families are free; we just need your creativity, design skills, and media savvy to entice them to access our information and support.
Support and Training for Exceptional Parents (STEP, Inc. – tnstep.org) has served over 30 years as Tennessee’s federally-funded Parent Training and Information Center for parents/caregivers of children with special education needs. STEP is recognized as a leader among the nation’s nearly 100 parent centers.
- Family-focused – including our own!
- Tennessee statewide agency
- Small staff – personal and friendly
STEP’s main office is located in Greeneville, Tennessee, northeast of Knoxville, with satellite offices in Nashville and Memphis.
- Work from home, but occasionally required for in-person meeting or project
- Travel for projects with mileage reimbursed from agreed upon office location
We’re looking for an engaging and creative person with the design skills to enhance STEP’s social media, branding, and content, and the ability to help us expand our video content and virtual presentations. STEP staff will work with you on the content, and you will develop the visuals, messaging, and videos to produce the end product. (Bonus points for having website design skills!)
- Part-time with the possible opportunity to advance to full-time with benefits, if so desired
- Flexible hours
- Work from home, primarily
- Equipment provided by STEP, or monthly stipend
The successful applicant will be able to:
- demonstrate the creation of family-friendly, easy to read, branded messaging for the organization
- demonstrate the ability to capture video content, including the ability to use editing software
- demonstrate knowledge of current social media trends
- collaborate effectively with a remote team to meet the deliverables and timelines of the organization’s projects
- provide creative direction for engaging families, youth, service providers, and community partners in the work of the organization
- website design skills and fundraising knowledge –BONUS!
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Flexible hours
- Chance to use your creativity to make a positive difference in children’s lives
- Friendly and supportive coworkers
- Equipment provided or stipend
- Possible opportunity for full-time with benefits, if desired
How to Apply
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Send your letter of interest, résumé, and links to or samples of your work, to firstname.lastname@example.org
PDF and Word format only
Deadline to apply: Sunday, January 31st
STEP, Inc. is an equal provider of services and an equal opportunity employer – Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Parents and caregivers of children and youth with disabilities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Date Posted: January 27, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 02/15/2021
- Salary Range: Starting Salary Range $18 - $25 per hour
- Working Hours: Flexible