Meals Coordinator, FiftyForward Fresh Meals Program
FiftyForward seeks motivated candidates interested in learning and growing with FiftyForward to join our team as the part-time Meals Coordinator.
FiftyForward’s mission is to support, champion and enhance life for those 50 and older. Established in 1956, we are the premier provider of innovative programs and services for older adults. FiftyForward is building a culturally diverse agency committed to working in a multicultural environment where differences are valued and respected. Members of minority communities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
FiftyForward’s Meals Coordinator supports provision of nutritious and appealing meals for FiftyForward Fresh/Meals on Wheels and FiftyForward Adult Day Services older adult customers and engages volunteers in our work. The Meals Coordinator is part of an energetic and dynamic team which collaborates in program delivery to ensure that the older adults FiftyForward serves are connected to resources which they need to improve their health and wellbeing.
The successful candidate will have:
- passion for serving people; demonstrated commitment to mission, values, and goals of FiftyForward
- ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with staff, participants, caregivers, volunteers, community partners and the public
- ability to work cooperatively as a team member and independently
- excellent communication skills
- experience with using computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Publisher and Excel
- openness to change and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment by juggling a variety of tasks efficiently
- passion for nutrition, health and sustainability
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in the food service or nutrition field. Preferred experience in customer service and work with older adults
- ServSafe and CPR/First Aid certified or able to receive certification
- High school diploma required. Associates or Bachelors degree in nutrition, food services or culinary field preferred.
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Opportunity to purchase supplemental benefits and to participate in retirement plan
How to Apply
Interested individuals should apply through FiftyForward’s website.
- Date Posted: March 5, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 04/01/2021
- Salary Range: 16.00/hour
- Working Hours: 25 hours/week; typical schedule is 8am to 1pm, Mon - Fri