FiftyForward is about strengthening our community of older adults 50 plus in Middle TN. Every day our team works collaboratively to create innovative programming and services, community partnerships, and equitable access to resources that support, champion, and enhance life for those 50 and older. During the pandemic FiftyForward delivered over 27,000 meals, made over 10,700 telephonic and socially distanced in-person contacts, and hosted over 400 virtual programs to engage older adults and combat social isolation and food insecurity. If you desire to have an impact in your community then join FiftyForward’s team now!
FiftyForward seeks motivated candidates interested in learning and growing with FiftyForward to join our team as the part-time Meals Coordinator.
FiftyForward’s Meals Coordinator supports provision of nutritious and appealing meals for FiftyForward Fresh/Meals on Wheels and FiftyForward Adult Day Services older adult customers and engages volunteers in our work. The Meals Coordinator is part of an energetic and dynamic team which collaborates in program delivery to ensure that the older adults FiftyForward serves are connected to resources which they need to improve their health and wellbeing.
Additional information you should know:
- Position is non-exempt; part-time @ 25 hours per week, typical schedule will be 8am to 1pm Monday through Friday.
- The successful candidate must be willing to take the COVID-19 vaccine once available unless an accommodation is required by law.
- Position requires lifting of 25-35 pounds and toleration of using a variety of cleaning agents.
The successful candidate will have:
- passion for serving people and a willingness to embrace the mission of FiftyForward
- demonstrated support of equity and inclusion of all individuals
- ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with staff, participants, caregivers and volunteers
- ability to work cooperatively as a team member and independently
- effective communication skills
- experience with using computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Publisher and Excel
- openness to change and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment by juggling a variety of tasks efficiently
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in the food service or nutrition field; preferred experience in customer service and work with older adults
- ServSafe and CPR/First Aid certified or ability to receive certification
- High school diploma or equivalency required; associate’s or bachelor’s degree in nutrition, food services or culinary field a plus
Part-time benefits package available including:
- Life insurance and long term disability
- Paid holidays including one full week at Christmas
- Generous vacation and sick leave package
How to Apply
- Date Posted: May 21, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 8 am-1 pm; M-F