Preston Taylor Ministries
McGruder Program Director
Preston Taylor Ministries
The McGruder Program Director will be responsible for strengthening the operations of Preston Taylor Ministries (PTM) that provides significant opportunities for involved children to experience “joy-filled friendships” and to pursue their “God-inspired dreams.” Embracing PTM’s Christ-centered mission, the McGruder Center Program Director, will represent PTM to PTM children and their families, volunteers, potential volunteers, and supporters. He or she will do this by demonstrating a love for God that is evident in his or her lifestyle whether or not he or she is at PTM.
Roles and Responsibilities
I. Lead Programming at McGruder
- Ensure daily snacks.
- Ensure set up of daily program (including all materials and supplies).
- Provide for Bible instruction and character education in line with PTM Core Beliefs.
- Ensure safety of arrival and dismissal.
- Close down the facility at the end of the day (unless another program follows).
- Represent PTM in Family Resource Center and partner-building activities with McGruder and as partner in The Family Collective.
- Enforce discipline plan.
- Create and oversee a varied and enriching summer program.
- Work with PTM staff to meet strategic goals of building student connectedness through mentoring, reading development, gospel exposure, positive peer group formation, and enriching experiences.
- Ensure PTM’s McGruder site is operating within contracts with United Way and The Family Collective and is meeting benchmarks outlined in grant agreements.
- Maintain current student applications, data, and program accomplishments.
- Assist with weekly Half-Time programming
- Assist with weekly Calvin House youth program
II. Leadership of a Team
- Assist in volunteer recruitment and training.
- Assist in the hiring of McGruder staff.
- Supervise and develop McGruder staff and interns.
- Maintain positive relationships with parents, McGruder leaders, McGruder volunteers, and teachers/faculty.
- Participate in organizational leadership as a member of the Executive Team.
- Assist with the leadership of organizational events (PTM-wide retreat, Christmas Tree Pick-Up, Springbreak in the Marketplace, Nativity Store, and others).
- Lead Summer Programming
III. Lead in Parent Engagement
- Organize at least 1 community supper per semester.
- Hold fall and summer parent orientations.
- Communicate regularly with parents regarding student behavior, field trips, schedule/important dates, etc.
- Ensure parent engagement participation in line with strategic goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree; or 3-4 years of equivalent experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4+ years of experience in youth development 2+ years of experience in Christian-based ministry
- 2+ years of experience working among a racially diverse (or racial minority) population of staff and youth
- Commercial Driver’s License
- Behavior Management
- Trauma-Informed Care
15 days of PTO
health insurance optional
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and a resume to Collin Spindle (email@example.com).
- Date Posted: March 30, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 05/03/2021
- Salary Range: $40,000-$50,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk