Nashville International Center For Empowerment
Match Grant Case Manager
Nashville International Center For Empowerment
Nashville International Center for Empowerment, established in 2005, is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) ethnic community-based organization dedicated to ensure refugees and immigrants achieve their full potential now and for generations to come. The Match Grant (MG) Case Manager will report to the Associate Manager of Match Grant. The MG Case Manager will provide intensive case management support for MG clients.
The MG program is provided solely through the nine domestic resettlement agencies that provide Reception and Placement (R&P) services to refugees. The MG program is funded by the Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR). The MG program helps refugees and other ORR-eligible populations overcome barriers and quickly find employment. The intent is to help clients become financially self-sufficient by finding a job within 180-240 days (6-8 months) after arriving in the U.S. without accessing cash assistance programs. The purpose of the MG program is to help clients attain economic self-sufficiency through the provision of comprehensive case management and services leading to employment.
The MG Case Manager is responsible for managing the provision of services to assist newly arrived refugee clients attain self-sufficiency through short-term cash assistance and employment services. The MG Case Manager will work directly with the other self-sufficiency case manager(s)/specialists to determine program eligibility, provide enrollment and compliance monitoring, secure gainful employment, and appropriate counseling at the close of services. This is a full time, 40 hour/week position.
- Assess eligibility for program enrollment for refugees, asylees, parolees, and other ORR-eligible immigrants
- Provide intake, assessment, and enrollment of MG clients
- Meet with clients in-person to explain program rights and responsibilities, using appropriate interpretation
- Ensure accurate documentation is collected and updated into the ECDC database and case files and verify that potential enrollees are not enrolled in any other case assistance programs
- Ensure monthly compliance of program participants and distribute MG checks
- Screen MG clients monthly for continued eligibility
- Reconcile monthly MG payments and financials with the Associate Manager of Match Grant
- Administer monthly cash assistance payments and track expenses
- Refer MG clients to appropriate services, such as ESL, intensive health case management, etc.
- Assess clients for employability skills and match them with appropriate employment – this includes resume assistance, job application assistance, transportation to interviews, orientation, drug screenings, etc.
- Willingness to drive clients to MG enrollment, doctor’s appointments, job interviews/orientation, and other related destinations
- Conduct monthly check in meetings with clients to ensure compliance with program responsibilities when it comes to understanding the program guidelines and compliance rules
- Follow appropriate case closure processes once clients are terminated from the MG program to discuss self-sufficiency and the transition off cash assistance
- Manage and recruit MG volunteers and track in-kind donations for MG clients
- Coordinate with colleagues across departments on addressing participant needs and barriers to self-sufficiency
- Ensure case files and reports are maintained in accordance with grant requirements
- Participate in all program meetings, staff development, and wellness activities
- Attend all required state training and meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and oral English proficiency
- Advanced computer and typing skills
- Candidates that can speak any of the following: Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Arabic, Dari, Pashto, Spanish, Burmese, Nepali, Ukrainian, or Russian are preferred but not required
- Reliable transportation
- Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in social work or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Relevant professional experience required; minimum of 2 years experience strongly preferred in non-profit or social services environments
Paid holidays, vacation and PTO, health insurance, and 401k.
How to Apply
Contact Information and Procedure:
- Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No calls. Applications without requested information will not be considered.
- Date Posted: December 12, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 03/01/2022
- Salary Range: 37,000-39,000
- Working Hours: 8:30 AM