Master’s Level Intake Clinician
Chief Operating Officer
Responsible for being a friendly, kind, and compassionate “front door” to people who want to engage in Park Center’s programs and community. The Intake Clinician will respond to requests for assistance, conduct initial assessments, determine program eligibility, enter intake data into a central database and provide information to people seeking services and the community.
- Conducts initial intake appointments with prospective members:
- Perform live face to face or virtual assessments to determine the prospective member’s program interests or needs. Make suggestions on potential programs the individual could benefit from. Gather information about the individual’s behavioral health history.
- Confirm that prospective member is eligible for programs of interest to them by verifying TennCare insurance, income, etc. per Park Center program criteria.
- Document intake assessment including a provisional diagnosis for each prospective member.
- Schedule individual to meet with Behavioral Health Assessment Clinician for initial evaluation prior to program admission.
- Provide external resource information to individuals that do not meet program criteria.
- Provide information to the community regarding Park Center programs and services:
- Is knowledgeable about all of Park Center’s programs, admission criteria, availability of services, etc.
- Fields informational calls about Park Center’s services from the community.
- Meets with and provides information to potential members or referral sources about Park Center’s programs and services.
- Keeps accurate information regarding availability (residential beds, orientation dates for day program and IOP, etc.)
- Responds to all phone calls, website inquiries, and emails regarding Park Center services within 1 business day.
- Ensure a smooth transition to services when a new member is approved for services:
- Inputs new member demographic information into the electronic medical record and notifies Program Supervisors and Directors of new entries in a timely manner.
- Conducts follow-up on all new members and ensure access standards are being met, calling referrals to schedule first appointment as applicable.
- Ensures data integrity in the electronic health record system.
- Enters all demographic, insurance, and diagnostic information with accuracy.
- Reviews and audits information entered on a weekly basis to maintain data integrity.
- Creates monthly reports for the Leadership Team about number of referrals received, programs referred to, acceptance rates by program, etc.
- Ensures appropriate communication is maintained both externally and internally.
- Requests feedback from community regarding satisfaction with Park Center’s intake process
- Checks e-mail and phone on a continuous basis and responds promptly.
- Communicates regularly with staff members to meet the needs of the members served.
- Maintains open communication with supervisor and program directors.
- Attends all meetings as required.
- Values cultural competence and diversity
- Collaborates with staff members, members, and the community to gain the perspectives of others who have diverse opinions, abilities, values, beliefs, perspectives, and ethnic or cultural backgrounds.
- Takes deliberate steps to increase own cultural competency by attending trainings, events, discussions, workshops, etc.
- Other Duties:
- Is knowledgeable about agency policy and procedures and follow them accurately.
- Attends all necessary staff meetings and trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position includes significant time making and receiving phone calls.
- Will have a desk, workstation, and office
- Able to spend several hours on the phone while recording information with accuracy
- Able to operate with many distractions
- Routine office environment
- Able to sit for long periods of time
- Able to move or lift over ten pounds
- Master’s degree in Behavioral Health Related field
- At least 2 years of experience in Behavioral Health Related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong decision-making ability
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Demonstrate high standards of professional and ethical behavior
- Must have a valid drivers’ license
This position is eligible for full-time benefits, including Retirement plan and matching, generous PTO, access to medical, dental, vision, and other ancillary coverage.
How to Apply
Please see job posting at company site: www.parkcenternashville.org ‘s Career page.
Apply through link and complete the employment application.
- Date Posted: January 10, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 01/31/2022
- Salary Range: $49k annually
- Working Hours: Mon - Fri, 8a - 4p