Marketing & Operations Assistant
Arts & Business Council of Greater Nashville
Reports To: Program Manager
Salary: $30,000-$35,000, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Health, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, 403(b) retirement
Hours: 9am-5pm Monday-Friday, plus periodic events outside of regular office hours
The Marketing & Operations Assistant supports the daily operations of the Arts & Business Council of Greater Nashville including basic administrative duties such as answering phones and emails, office management, database entry, and general support of the Executive Director and Program Manager.
The Marketing & Operations Assistant will also be responsible for critical marketing and community outreach functions. Typical duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the “front line” of the organization by managing all general office communications including main phone line, email address, and traditional mail
- Provide general support to office visitors
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory, catalogue supply needs, and keep main office organized
- Solicit quotes and book vendors for various Arts & Business Council programs and events
- Assist with filing documents, making copies, and providing additional as-needed administrative support to staff
- Support Executive Director in board relations by preparing board and committee meeting materials, as well as attending board meetings and documenting minutes
- Perform detailed data entry related to marketing lists, donor management, and organizational partnerships
- With Program Manager, generate and track invoices and payments
- With Program Manager, hire and coordinate the workload of 2-4 administrative interns annually
- Assist with program and event planning and execution as necessary
- Coordinate the Arts & Business Council’s marketing efforts with direction from the Program Manager
- Maintain the Arts & Business Council’s online presence, particularly on social media
- Create content for digital marketing channels including website, email newsletter, and social media
- Gather and track relevant marketing data (social media, website analytics, etc.)
- Design marketing literature including brochures, one-sheets, press releases, and annual reports
- Administer donor recognition program and prepare all donor thank you letter acknowledgements
The Arts & Business Council encourages professional development and growth at our organization. Additional responsibilities in marketing, program management, and/or fundraising will be made available based on the professional interests of the selected candidate.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Administrative and/or office management experience a plus
- Marketing and/or graphic design experience a plus
Characteristics, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Passion for serving the Greater Nashville creative economy
- Excellent public and interpersonal relations skills
- Good understanding of both office management and marketing principles
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities while adhering to deadlines
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Dynamic self-starter with a high degree of professional independence and ability to exercise impeccable judgement with minimal guidelines
- Collaborative mindset and proven ability to work with a variety of people and environments
- Excellent knowledge of office software including Microsoft Office and GSuite (Docs, Sheets, Forms, etc.)
- Comfort using databases and marketing analytics tools — Salesforce and/or Google Analytics experience a plus, but not required
Environmental Conditions & Physical Demands
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms; use of safe work practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls and observance of fire regulations. The majority of time will be spent in a temperature-controlled office setting.
- Some work outside of typical office hours may be required during the planning and execution of special events. Some light local travel to run errands may also be required.
- The work environment will require walking, standing, bending and carrying of items weighing 1-15 lbs. Also, the employee must have manual dexterity, visual and auditory acuity.
- Some repetitive motion is involved.
The Arts & Business Council is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. In addition, Arts & Business Council of Greater Nashville commits to ensuring racial and cultural equity in all its policies and practices.
Health, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, 403(b) retirement
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to Jill McMillan Palm at email@example.com with “Marketing & Operations Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
- Date Posted: March 10, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Salary Range: $30,000-$35,000, commensurate with experience