The Marketing Director is responsible for designing and executing strategies and tactics in all aspects of concert and institutional marketing, including advertising and promotions, branding, budgeting and forecasting, digital media, marketing automation and merchandise sales. This position works with the Marketing & Communications team in executing the organization’s marketing plans, while contributing significantly to sales goals and institutional advancement.
- Plans and executes, in collaboration with the VP of Marketing & Communications, all season ticket and single ticket marketing – including direct mail, email, and digital media campaigns – from strategic and conceptual development through design, production, and distribution.
- Launches concerts for public sale, works with artist management to develop concert marketing plans, manages all promotions, and facilitates on-site marketing events.
- Plans, budgets, and executes all advertising strategy and implementation, including digital, traditional, electronic, out-of-home, and relationship.
- Works with the VP of Marketing & Communications, COO, and Director of Ticket Services & Customer Systems to develop revenue projections and ticket pricing strategies.
- Works with VP of Marketing & Communications and Director Ticket Services & Customer Systems to acquire, retain, and grow customer base utilizing data analysis, targeting, and prospecting.
- Works with the VP of Marketing & Communications to create and supervise the timeline of major strategic marketing events, including season announcements, series loyalty campaigns, single ticket on-sales, and group sales efforts.
- Works with other departments, including Development, Education & Community Engagement, and Venue Rentals, to promote and market their efforts.
- Develops, in collaboration with key stakeholders, the corporate and brand identity of the organization.
- Works with Artistic Administration department to vet and program concert bookings, advising on market viability, pricing, and launch strategy.
- Develops and monitors departmental budgets in collaboration with the VP of Marketing & Communications and COO.
- Embrace the mission, intention, and work of the organization in regards to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging and take an active role to create meaningful impact for the children and adults of our community.
- Bachelor’s Degree or related marketing experience.
- Candidate must have at least 3 to 5 years marketing experience with an orchestra, performing arts organization, entertainment business, or related field.
3. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be an effective, team-oriented person, and have an aptitude to lead and motivate others, with creative and innovative approaches to job related functions.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities required.
- Understands and keeps current with marketing and communications trends, strategies, and tactics.
- Ability to create, analyze, and interpret financial reports.
- Committed to superb customer service for both external constituents (audience) and internal constituents (Board, musicians, staff).
- Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (including Excel) and database software; digital marketing and analytics platforms, experience using Tessitura CRM is a plus.
- Able to analyze, problem-solve, and offer solutions to issues.
- Able to keep overall goals in mind, while managing details and day-to-day functions.
Health, Dental, Vision, Life and others.
How to Apply
Please use this link to apply: https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/NashvilleSymphony/743999753908102-marketing-director
- Date Posted: June 16, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Arts / Culture