Global Sanctuary for Elephants
Marketing & Development Coordinator
Global Sanctuary for Elephants
Global Sanctuary for Elephants, a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit headquartered in Brentwood, Tennessee, is seeking an experienced Administrative and Development Assistant to support of our mission, protecting, rescuing and providing sanctuary for elephants worldwide, and our pilot project – Elephant Sanctuary Brazil.
Honoring the integrity of sanctuary and the spirit of the elephants we strive to support requires each and every function to be carried out with the highest level of diligence and respect. We know that every voice, every positive action and every job performed is fundamental to bringing joy and returning the smiles to each precious elephant we are blessed to know.
The Marketing & Development Coordinator reports to the Marketing and Development Manager and key Board Members. Duties include:
- Collecting donations and mail from the Brentwood, TN PO Box and make weekly bank deposits.
- Maintaining donor database: entering/updating constituent profile, donations, and in-kind gifts and generating acknowledgements letters.
- Generate donor database reports for mailings, donations, bank deposits, board reports and for annual audit and 990 preparations.
- Assist with responding to donor, volunteer and press inquiries as well as scheduling of group presentations.
- Maintain cloud-based donor and communication documentation management system.
- Scheduling daily Facebook posts to the blog and coordinate with communications staff.
- Ele-guardian Program: develop topics, write monthly emails, and maintain and update Ele-guardian donor lists.
- Drafting and/or editing of Facebook posts, monthly mail chimp e-newsletters, website updates and print newsletter.
- Maintain schedule and oversee editing, printing, and mailing of annual print newsletter.
- Other creative projects such as the production of annual calendar and products design/ development for Zazzle gift shop.
Other development, marketing, administrative, and community relations activities as needed.
Experience Requirements include:
- 2-3 Years of development / administrative experience in a nonprofit setting.
- Experience with donor database systems, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel, Mailchimp, and cloud-based application processes such as Google docs, Dropbox, etc.
- Experience with Creative Suite, InDesign, or Photoshop a plus but not required.
- Strong attention to detail and writing / editing skills. Requires a communication and writing style that is professional while also expressing the passion and compassion inherent to GSE’s mission
- Ability to work independently, under stressful deadlines and juggle multiple projects with flexibility to work weekdays, evenings and weekend hours as needed.
Ability to collaborate with staff and board while working remotely in the Middle TN area.
How to Apply
Send Resume and cover letter plus writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
- Date Posted: January 15, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Animal Welfare
- Working Hours: Full time / hourly (30-40 hours per week)