The Marketing Coordinator supports the execution of all marketing efforts for concerts and events, and contributes to the marketing team’s daily work processes. The Nashville Symphony’s marketing strategy is centered on understanding our patrons and building lifelong relationships with them, driving revenue to achieve long-term financial growth.
- Support the marketing team in the execution of multi-channel single ticket and subscription campaign efforts (direct mail, email, digital, print, radio, signage and out of home) that will help the Nashville Symphony meet or exceed goals for revenue, paid attendance, audience growth and retention.
- Assist with the preparation of creative briefs for marketing efforts, clearly outlining objectives and needs.
- Coordinate activities that enhance the on-site patron experience (meet-and-greets, photo ops, props, signage, etc.).
- Plan and execute activities that increase patron loyalty and the retention of season ticket holders and single ticket buyers (e.g., subscriber appreciation month, subscriber newsletter, subscriber discount programs).
- Assist the Director of Marketing in the creation of marketing plans for Family Series, Chamber Music Series, Community Concerts and targeted ticket programs designed to grow audience diversity.
- Facilitate partnerships with restaurants and local businesses to offer as perks to subscribers. Create package opportunities for single ticket buyers (e.g., date night package with tickets and dinner at a local restaurant).
- Identify and execute cross-promotional marketing opportunities with other organizations and venues.
- Organize grassroots marketing efforts with the support of Symphony volunteers.
- Gather creative approvals from artists’ agencies and managers as needed.
- Represent the marketing team at various interdepartmental meetings, sharing information that is pertinent to other departments and reporting back with updates.
- Proofread marketing and communications materials.
- Provide administrative support to the Vice President of Marketing & Communications as needed.
- Serve as a marketing department representative at concerts and events, as part of an overall marketing team rotation.
- Embrace the Nashville Symphony’s commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging, and actively support the organization’s mission to welcome and serve everyone in our community.
Bachelor’s degree or related marketing experience strongly preferred.
One to two years’ experience working in marketing or communications, preferably in the entertainment sector or a performing or cultural arts organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven experience effectively managing multiple tasks simultaneously; excellence in organizing and prioritizing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of staff.
- Ability to achieve in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment where attention to detail and organizational skills are paramount while maintaining a positive, calm and flexible approach.
- Passion for orchestral music or the performing arts.
- Ability to formulate and work on projects independently, while keeping supervisors and/or others informed of progress and of any work issues.
- Ability to keep overall goals in mind, along with day-to-day functions.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office suite.
Medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, short-term disability, flex spending, 403(b) retirement plan (employee deferral only), paid parking, 13 paid holidays, PTO (10 vacation days, 4 personal days, 5 sick days and 3 bereavement days each season), and when available complimentary tickets to concerts at the Nashville Symphony.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: April 15, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 05/02/2022