Scarritt Bennett Center
Marketing & Communications Manager
Scarritt Bennett Center
The Marketing & Communications Manager will assist the organization in achieving its plans for growth in alignment with Scarritt Bennett Center’s mission and core values by maintaining the quality and consistency across all marketing, communications, public relations, programmatic assets and content (both digital and traditional), ensuring they meet the mission and brand guidelines. Additional duties will include serving as project manager for all projects and deliverables, ensuring all goals and objectives are met while working cross-functionally to ensure projects and initiatives are well managed, providing all data points on each deliverable, and ensuring all projects are fully integrated and aligned with the Scarritt Bennett Center’s strategic plan.
The Manager works under the supervision of the Director of Sales, Marketing & Development and in partnership with other staff to set the objectives and strategy and ensure the organization meets and/or exceeds revenue and marketing goals. The ideal candidate will have excellent feature-writing skills (journalism background a strong plus).
Marketing & Communications
- Identify and develop communication strategies and approaches for promotional opportunities most appropriate for key messaging with the ability to pitch ideas to management
- Lead the day-to-day execution of strategic communications including marketing, internal/external communications, public relations, and content creation (digital and traditional)
- Develop and execute campaign strategy from conception to measurement for missional campaigns such as: (Racial Justice Ministries, Soul Work, Library & Archives), seasonal fundraising campaigns (Big Payback, Giving Tuesday, Annual Appeal), revenue-driving sales campaigns (Weddings, Conference Services and Lodging, Film and Photo Shoots), and historical campaigns (Scarritt College)
- Manage graphic design assets and workflow for all digital and traditional content
- Lead organization’s email marketing efforts and maintain twice-weekly internal communications to campus community
- Lead efforts of the organization’s digital asset libraries (images, logos, videos, and other advertisement-ready content) through Dropbox, Internal Drives, and OneDrive, and other resources deemed necessary.
- Contribute to content development in collaboration with key staff (quarterly board reports, Annual Report, open letters, statements, etc.)
- Handle oversight of day-to-day activities of vendors
Social & Digital Media Management
- Manage organization’s website by overseeing design and development of layout and content.
- Lead all aspects of Scarritt Bennett Center’s social media presence (including SBC website, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube)
- Lead efforts of all aspects of Scarritt Bennett Center’s third-party digital platform presence (including NowPlayingNashville, Yelp!, Google, TripAdvisor, etc.) and support departments with additional platforms specific to their areas (e.g. WeddingWire and The Knot for Weddings; Urban Nashville for Lodging/Conferences)
- Maintain brand consistency across all digital platforms
Data & Analytics
- Drive strategy to create original content and increase engagement on social media and website to track metrics and grow audience
- Monitor, report, and present engagement analytics (website, email marketing, social media)
- Leverage key engagement metrics across platforms to optimize content, messaging and distributions, and build strategies for revenue-driving campaigns
- Passion for racial justice, women’s empowerment, spiritual education, and creating a more just world
- 3–5 years of relevant professional experience in MarComm
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as journalism, public relations or communications a plus
- Demonstrated ability to with Canva and Adobe Products
- Ability to work on multiple deadline-driven projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative spirit, works well on teams, ability to work across departments
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills
- SEO knowledge is a plus
- Proven results in implementing marketing and communications strategic plans
- Proven results in managing social and digital media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Constant Contact,) and analytics technologies to engage a diverse audience
- Familiarity with the church or faith-based organizations a plus
- Familiarity with CMS platforms and basic HTML (WordPress, etc.
Benefits & Salary
Full time employees receive a complete benefits package, including health, vision, dental, life and pension programs.
Salary is commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
How to Apply
Please use the following link to access our career page:
Application Packet Must Include:
- Cover letter detailing successes and experience that is not already included in your resume
- Provide three writing samples
- Provide at least one marketing campaign sample
- Include links to online portfolio
- Date Posted: August 25, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 09/19/2022
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/week