Marketing & Communications Director
Nashville Bar Association
The Nashville Bar Association is searching for a dynamic, engaged, energetic addition to their team. The Marketing and Communications Director manages all aspects of print and social media marketing and communications for a 2,500 member organization. This includes, but is not limited to, website management, a bi-monthly printed publication, event marketing, membership engagement materials, and maintaining a relevant social media presence.
- Maintain NBA website, which includes NBA News page, print issues and “virtual” Journal articles, Member Benefits, Leadership and Committee member updates, 100% Club, Firm Listings, NBA Career Center, Staff info, etc.
Nashville Bar Journal
- Provide publication layout and design—using the template provided—of award-winning, bi-monthly member magazine, the Nashville Bar Journal. Includes cover art, photography, photo editing, author coordination, editing, and print production management.
- Liaison between the NBA and the Editorial Committee in setting up meetings, production schedule, providing meeting minutes and corresponding with the editing team.
- Solicit and contract all advertising.
- Creation of all event marketing materials as needed, per the Event & Promotions Coordinator. Includes layout, design, and print production.
Annual Attorney Directory
- Manage all phases of production.
- Update and verify all member, non-member, court listings, officers and board information.
- Schedule photographer for headshots.
- Solicit all advertising, including firm listings, covers, practice areas, and attorney support services.
eBlasts & Social Media
- Production of the NBA Weekly Update.
- Coordinate all social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Budgeting and contract negotiation for all departmental needs
- Define annual press release schedule and maintain updated media list.
- Provide photography at all major NBA events; manage SmugMug account.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of marketing, communications, or public relations.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience.
- Ability to represent NBA in a professional manner.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple deadlines.
- Intense attention to detail with accuracy and consistency.
- Interpersonal skills; ability to build effective relationships with a wide range of people.
- Computer and software knowledge; experience in InDesign, Photoshop, and website management.
- Ability to work effectively with volunteers.
Medical/Dental/Vision/Long Term Disability
Vacation and Sick Leave
How to Apply
Email resume and salary requirements to Monica.Mackie@nashvillebar.org.
- Date Posted: May 27, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Other
- Working Hours: 8:30pm-5pm, Limited WFH