Marketing & Communications Coordinator
NAMI Tennessee is a statewide grassroots organization with the mission to improve the lives of individuals living with mental illness and their families through education, support, and advocacy. We offer focused and effective education and support programs tailored for varied audiences including individuals with mental illnesses, family members and caregivers of those with mental illnesses, direct service providers, and the general public.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator develops and coordinates marketing, communications, and public relations efforts for the organization to ensure strategic and effective messages are presented to the public to bolster NAMI Tennessee’s brand and programs and to support and promote fundraising activities and events as well as donor development initiatives. As a vital member of the management (lead) team this position combines expertise and knowledge of print and electronic communications for fundraising, social media outreach, media relations and marketing, with an emphasis on writing, content development and design.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will develop and execute a marketing plan consistent with the goals outlined in NAMI Tennessee strategic framework. This individual will ensure that the plan speaks to the needs of culturally and economically diverse communities. Additionally, this person will evaluate the effectiveness of NAMI Tennessee’s marketing initiatives and make recommendations for improvement.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will work across departments to ensure needs are met for both programming and development needs. This person will have the ability to work within a fast-paced, collaborative culture in which teamwork is highly valued.
This full time position.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Print collateral – copywriting, editing and design
- Manages project timelines from conception to publication
- Compiles stories, collects images, writes and edits copy for print collateral (appeals, newsletters, Executive Director letters, brochures, flyers, programs, annual reports, thank you notes, tax statements)
- Coordinates project details among team, leadership and outside vendors
- Designs collateral, when necessary, in line with NAMI branding
- Manages and produces all electronic marketing and communications
- Manages image library
- Maintains the annual communications calendar
Branding and marketing
- Manages agency-wide branding guidelines and style guide
- Creates a consistent visual for all electronic and hard-copy communications
- Supports the marketing needs of the organization including program recruitment, volunteer recruitment, and other outreach efforts
- Conduct market research to better understand NAMI brand awareness in Tennessee
Website and social media
- Writes content for the website and updates as necessary
- Manages the social media calendar and crafts content for social media
- Implementation of new social media outlets
- Creates or manages content for fundraisers and events on social media accounts
- Manages all social media-based events – GivingTuesday, Annual Campaign, etc.
- Writes press releases for fundraising and other agency events
- Develops and maintains relationships with press
- Media monitoring and reporting
Fundraising & Events
- Coordinate outreach events with community partners NAMIWalks and state convention and CIT/Criminal Justice
- Data management and planning of ticket sales in collaboration with event planners
- Implementing of events marketing: website and social media as it relates to events
- Development of event collateral: invitations, programs, sponsorship materials, etc.
- Assistance with brainstorming, implementation, and marketing of events to ensure maximum outreach, participation, and cohesion
- Develop targeted outreach materials (pitches, media lists etc.) and provide planning support for events
- Emphasize focus/outreach for traditionally underserved populations
- Create and maintain a year-round marketing & communications calendar
- Active, supportive member of the Lead team participating in fundraising events as needed
- Attends and participate in Lead team meetings, staff meetings, trainings and staff retreats
- Perform other communications, administrative and logistical duties as required by business need
- Works collaboratively with Tennessee affiliates
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and Google
- Proficiency in social media platform management
- Experience in design programs: Canva with, Adobe preferred
- Working knowledge of website management
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently in a small office
- Ability to multi-task
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Similar experience preferred
WORK CONDITIONS/ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work is performed in an office environment or remote.
- Work outside of normal working hours may be required from time to time.
- Ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
Medical, Dental, Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, 403B Retirement Plan, Life Insurance
How to Apply
Send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the following in the “subject line” of the email: Full Name, Marketing & Communications Coordinator position.
No phone calls, please.
- Date Posted: September 30, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 12/01/2022
- Salary Range: Negotiable
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Hybrid